TSB SI-0007 WHEEL ALIGNMENT SPECS

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
nytq

FYI

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Attachments
TSB SI-0007 Alignment Specs.pdf
(34.13 KiB) Downloaded 1123 times
Last edited by murcod on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made a sticky
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
nytq

So I'm at 22K on my SE AWD and was just about to do my next oil change and tire rotation. I started to notice an extreme wear on the inside of the driver side front tire. So I figured let me go ahead and have the alignment checked out otherwise these tires won't make it thru the winter. Now I've had feeling the alignment was a bit off since I picked up the car. But since I didn't see any really unusual wear in the 22K miles I figured all was well. Well not in the last 7K or so miles. Turned out all 4 wheels were out. I know others have had issues with this and the dealer has actually covered some problems under warranty. Silly me for not having it checked earlier. But at least I know where the wheels are now in respect to alignment. Heads up to the newer owners, I think alot of these are comming off the boat misaligned. And you wont even notice the real affect until it's out of a warranty period. So I recommend getting it checked otherwise you will blow thru these stock tires way before they are due. Considering it only cost me $53 with a coupon to do the alignment and rotation, it was well worth the money considering new tires are $600 and up when it's all said and done.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
Ronzuki

Just want to add that I recently had an alignment issue that I also neglected to notice. They won't cover it if it's more than 12k miles I was just told and rotation would have to been performed at least once in that 12,000 miles (at around 6k). They being the eastern rep in the S.E. PA area. I have 14,500 on mine in 14 months since I purchased.

As mentioned....new owners, pay close attention to your tire wear. If they're wearing oddly, even the slightest between 0-6000 miles, demand an alignment check.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
MadBlack

I would demand an alignment check regardless of mileage or tire wear - I had my car checked when I bought it and sure enough, it was off - in fact the car pulled to the left during the test drive. I drove 2 different cars when test driving and both pulled left. The service writer also mentioned to me that he had to do alignments on a number of these cars - funny they don't warn you about the issue and nothing is done unless you bring it up.
Should be a sticky section somewhere to post this stuff
ipaqxman

Hi. Just wndering if these specs are up to date? Tinking about doing an alignment. Anyone know of any reputable shop in the nyc long island queens area?
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
Ronzuki

As far as I know, these are the latest specs. I had the dealer re-adjust my alignment to this TSB when I recently put new tires on. So far so good. I'm due to rotate the new tires, and I'll know more when I pull them off and take some depth measurements.
Ron

Kelevra

Does this apply to the 2013 Kizashi's as well?
WESHOOT2

My '11 is like the OPs......my guy at the dealership said they need an alignment every time they start......

I just buy new tires :cry:
Karasu

Very useful info nytq. Thanks for the heads up. I bought mine with a new set of tires but I will have this in mind for my next service which is very soon.
Ronzuki

Ronzuki wrote:As far as I know, these are the latest specs. I had the dealer re-adjust my alignment to this TSB when I recently put new tires on. So far so good. I'm due to rotate the new tires, and I'll know more when I pull them off and take some depth measurements.
First rotation on the new set of tires w/ the alignment set to the TSB specs....all is GOOD! Tire wear is even and smooth.
Ron