Keyless Ignition key fob

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
herrerasur

The key fob that I don't use on a regular basis stopped working, and I assumed the battery died since the car is almost three years old. I changed the battery, but it still doesn't work. Is it possible that it needs to be reprogrammed? If so, do I have to take it to a dealer? Thanks for any information.
gmkizashi

I would make sure the replacement battery is in correctly, and that it is OK. Maybe test it with a multimeter or have Radio Shack test it or an auto supply store possibly.

Also try holding the silver end of the fob directly above the pushbutton and starting it that way. It is supposed to work like that when the battery is dead. If it starts, you know it is still programmed.

Is it unlocking the doors remotely? If none of this works, your next step would be the dealer.

EDIT-It may be the end that isn't silver that you need to hold up to the pushbutton.
2010 SLS FWD CVT-Azure Grey
herrerasur

Thanks for the info. Looks like I have to find a dealer, none of what you suggested worked. The battery was in correctly, there's just nothing happening even though the red light on the fob comes on when I press the button.
Zeid

I've intermittently had the same issue w/ my fob. I'm bringing it up at my next dealer visit.
Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD-Platinum Silver-Since 5/28/10
Mechanical Engineer
Owner of http://www.theCollegeDriver.com
WHT SHDW

I've also had this key fob issue from time to time. Battery is Ok. Sometimes after a couple taps (inside my pocket) it works again.
If ever experienced it again, will take it to chk at dealer.
WIKizashi

I was just at my local O'Reilley Auto store the other day and they now have some sort of reader that lets you test your car remotes.