Kizashi + Aurora 10" Light Bar driving light

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
Wonson92

So living in Australia and frequently driving long distances into the country at night, theres a pretty huge risk of hitting a Kangaroo, debris blending in with the road etc (both of which I have done recently). Basically the standard high beams didn't cut it for me so I invested in an Aurora 10" LED bar.

Single row 10 LED bar, 10x5 watt LEDs amounting to 4900 lumens and 750m light throw. I got a combination beam so it also floods out so the sides to light up the road shoulders nicely. I didnt want anything too obvious such as standard driving lights so this is a great option as ive managed to incorporate it into the lower grille. Its brighter than a standard halogen driving light and way smaller and cheaper than an HID driving light kit. You can barely notice it but it works amazingly!!

Ordered a second grille so that I could cut into it to fit the light.

RESULTS:

Low beams, High beams, Light bar on.

HUGE thanks to Murcod for help with the wiring and ideas for mounting!
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
LPSISRL

Wow! That's all from that little light bar? Pretty impressive. Wonder how you might mount that on the GTS/SLS grill?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
bootymac

That's bright! Did you wire it in with your fog lights?
murcod

Thanks to me?! :oops: You did all the work and it looks fantastic- best of all the light throw is exceptional.

You've started me looking at high wattage LED's now for something custom. ;)
David
KuroNekko

That is quite impressive. The technology with LEDs is evolving so fast these days. With outputs like these, I can see how they will soon replace even HIDs as the best headlights. Audi is already doing so with their Euro-spec A8.

I have seen LED light bars mounted on Jeeps and other offroaders, but I have never seen one on a sedan other than for DRL use.

Great mod!
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Speed_Racer

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about hitting kangaroos on the drive home!
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
BxKizashiS

Nice!... im still over here wanting fogs :-/ lol
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
Wonson92

All from the light bar :D there are cheaper options out there but I doubt theyd be as good. Most only have 5 globes for 10"
bootymac wrote:That's bright! Did you wire it in with your fog lights?
They're wired in to the high beams to come on at the same time. When I get around to it I will install a switch so if its off I can have just the highbeams on and if its on it comes on with the highbeams but thats for later at the moment :)

Leds have an advantage over hids as a driving light due to no warm up times but hids would go further. Ive noticed a few led headlight options around which are very bright and dont require extensive installation so if I want more light in the future thats where im heading :P
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
honsonwong

Wow, what a huge difference. Great mod.
murcod

Speed_Racer wrote:I'm so glad I don't have to worry about hitting kangaroos on the drive home!
Emus, eagles and wombats are also a problem. From what I've heard emus often run out from the side of a road and into the side of a moving vehicle. Wombats are car killers as they can take out the engine sump etc and cause major damage. http://www.smh.com.au/environment/conse ... 10f5k.html Eagles feed on the dead kangaroos on the roads, they then have trouble getting into the air and often hit at windscreen level. I've read about them peeling back car roofs and people having eagle talons clawing around inside their vehicle after one has become impacted through the windscreen! http://www.wires.org.au/news/rescue-sto ... -tail.html http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-26/d ... le/3853272

Camels are also a problem in outback Australia.

(But every country has it's share of animal problems around rural roads :) .)
David