My Dealer-less TPMS Tire Change Story

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
SamirD

honsonwong wrote:Congrats! I knew you could do it because you didn't give up.
Thank you! And you were a part of this saga as the genuine Suzuki TPMS sensor supplier. :mrgreen:

It probably wouldn't have been this hard if the vt30 worked from day one. But I'm still happy with the end result. 8-)
Woodie wrote:Congrats SamirD, I've been holding my breath waiting for a conclusion. :D
It's been like a reality show, lol. Every twist and turn brought new challenges. I'm glad everything worked out pretty easily in the end. I was getting a bit frustrated when it was snowing and I didn't have the right tires. Now, I'm not worried even though there's going to be freezing rain this afternoon--bring it on! :twisted: :drive:
SamirD

Nothing new to update except that the vt30 makes a great tire guage too. 8-) It has a temperature reading from the sensor so you truly know if you have a 'cold' temperature or not.
SamirD

The vt30 can be found for as little as $150 at thetoolwarehouse.net with a coupon code. And with a simple firmware upgrade, you can reset your own tpms.

But if you feel like having the real deal--an actual dealer tool--the vt55 is available without the obd2 cable (so the reset procedure is the same as with the vt30), for just $250 through Suzuki USA:
https://suzukipitstopplus.com/Products/ ... -used.aspx

It's a used vt55 with 90 day warranty, but is much much cheaper than the $800-1000 these usually go for. If I didn't already have a vt30 that works well, I would have jumped all over this.
Ronzuki

limited supply.....get 'em while they last!
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
SamirD

And it's not as limited as when I last checked--they now have 10 in stock.

Anyone interested in buying a lightly used and confirmed working vt30 for $100? :lol:
peezi

Hi, I recently bought a 2010 Kizashi SLS Automatic CVT and I am getting a 'TPMS Not Registered' flashing message, very annoying!! Anyway, will your info fix this problem or do I need new sensors? I took to Suzuki dealership and they said 3 of the 4 would not register and they want almost $1000.00 to replace and install new sensors??!!
John PZ
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD
SamirD

peezi wrote:Hi, I recently bought a 2010 Kizashi SLS Automatic CVT and I am getting a 'TPMS Not Registered' flashing message, very annoying!! Anyway, will your info fix this problem or do I need new sensors? I took to Suzuki dealership and they said 3 of the 4 would not register and they want almost $1000.00 to replace and install new sensors??!!
If you buy a vt30, you'll be able to check your sensors and relearn them into the car in 5 minutes. 8-)

Most tire service places don't know how to get the car into relearn mode (I've posted the procedure in this thread). Once they can do that, they can use their tool to trigger the Kizashi sensors, BUT the sensors are finicky and may not trigger consistently. Hence why the vt30 needed some firmware updates.

You can buy a set of 4 factory sensors for less than $100 on ebay. But these are used. If you want brand new, you can get 4 aftermarket sensors for less than the price of one Suzuki sensor. Aftermarket sensors are made by the same company that makes them for Suzuki. They're identical except for the missing 'S' Suzuki logo. I've listed part numbers for these in various places in this thread.

Where are you located? If you're nearby, I'll meet you and we can fix it in a few minutes. 8-)

EDIT: I saw Denver. Yeah, not too close to MKE. :(
SamirD

Hey Moto, copy to Kizashi DIY and sticky?
SamirD

Amazing update--NO TOOL IS NECESSARY TO RESET THE TPMS.

That's right--no tool, no dealership, no nothing. You can do this all yourself!

Congrats goes to bodhibro who tested the 'letting air out of the tires to trigger the sensors' theory, successfully relearning his sensors without a tool, without a dealership, and in about 5 minutes: 8-)
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 237#p25237
bootymac

Good to know that no tools are required! If I'm ever in this situation, I'm going to take the stock sensors and throw them into a PVC canister (aka "TPMS pipe bomb") that can be pressurized and just leave it in the trunk :D

http://m.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328044

http://m.scionlife.com/forums/showthrea ... styleid=14