Service Start System error on dash.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
will2k

So last night at my friends house we decided to unplug my aftermarket subwoofer so it wouldn't move around while we go for a drive on some twisty roads.

When i went to start the car i got an orange error on dash saying "Service start system"

I checked the manual and it refers to the keyless push button start but it starts fine. Since that happened though the stereo doesn't turn on.

I checked the fuse for the audio under the dash and it seemed fine but i still changed it to be sure and still no audio.

Do you think this error for some reason ( maybe safety ) cuts off the stereo?
I used a multimeter and my pioneer amp still gets power so i didn't blow my aftermarket systems fuse.

Im going overseas in 4 days so i will have to get suzuki to check it out when i get back ( in 6 weeks ) but until then it's annoying me.

Any ideas?
MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube
Carl-in-NH

Same issue here, 2012 SE, nothing aftermarket installed for the stereo however

Any suggestions ?
2012 Kizashi SE
Ronzuki

Carl-in-NH wrote:Same issue here, 2012 SE, nothing aftermarket installed for the stereo however

Any suggestions ?
Yep....take it to the dealer for a warranty diagnosis / repair.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
yellowevo82

Have you tried putting the key fob over the push button stat for a while to make sure it reads it? If that fails pull the negative terminal off for a minute then re install
Carl-in-NH

Got my hands on a CAN-protocol ODB reader, and tried to see if there was a MIL or other readable code.

Was not, as I kind of expected.

Will take to the dealer, and see what they say is the problem.
2012 Kizashi SE
Carl-in-NH

It was the fuses after all.

Wife took the Kizashi to the dealer today, was fixed free under warranty.

The analysis was:

Diagnostic Code was B1191

Traced to blown fuses: Accessory and Accessory 2 (8) then (7) on page 7-41 of my 2012 Owner's Manual.

This was confirmed to affect the radio display and memory seat.

The blown fuse was caused by my wife plugging a cell phone charger into the cigarette lighter.

This same charger has worked fine on her previous car, a Camry, but it is possible that something changed in it in some weird way.
2012 Kizashi SE
jakinsg

Glad I found this - happened to me this Sunday. Fuse blown - accessory 2 - changed it and message went away. Wish the fuses were easier to get to though - learning to be a contortionist now.
PittsburghJoe

I had the same problem. It seems a little finicky that the fuse would blow for just plugging in the same stuff I had plugged in to my 11 year old Subaru. Acc 2 was the only one blown for me. I'll be going to the parts store as soon as it opens to get a new fuse. This is a little frustrating with 82 total miles on the car :(
pmw1213

Had same problem, car stopped and the key would not work had to use a different from home, Richard the service advisor told me that you CANNOT plug any after market things in the 12volt socket because it will shut the can down while driving even, even take the memory out of the keyless, I took to dealer ( Germain in Naples) they repaired fuses and told me that I cannot plug aftermarket things in it only if from suzuki. Had 4 other suzuki and never had problems like this. TO ME THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS IF THE CAR CAN STOP WHILE IN MOTION IF PLUG SOMETHING IN THE SOCKET.
nytq

That really doesn't sound right. That outlet is nothing but a 12vdc power source. It has is own fuse 10A. If blowing that fuse causes the ECU to freak out than that is a design error. I've had a gas station bought USB adaptor in there for at least 6 months with no issues. Even had another accesory drawing 4 amps with no issues. Anthing that would cause you engine to just shut off like that would have to be considered a high safety concerne.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK