WTB- OEM brake rotors

Individuals may post anything, but it would be best to keep it related to automobiles.
ehart814

Anyone here upgraded their brakes? I am looking for a set of original brake rotors. Front and rear. Must be LOW mileage, NO warp (no brake pulsation when removed) and not rusted up. I'd prefer a set from the south (no road salt).

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KuroNekko

Just curious as to why you want used brake rotors. Rotors are wear items that should be replaced with each set of brake pads for many cars these days due to the use of modern brake pad materials. Much like it would be odd to want used brake pads, wanting used rotors seems kind of weird... at least to me.
I'd personally go with brand new aftermarket rotors over used OE rotors. Rotors aren't that expensive.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

I had superb results using slotted rotors and pads from SP Performance.
Juan

I got new replacement rotors from Napa for $30 each...
ehart814

Thank you for the responses. In my experience the typical aftermarket replacement rotors are not as good of quality as the OEM. On my sx4 I got well over 100,000 miles out of them and that includes resurfacing one time. The aftermarket ones are usually sold close enough to the minimum thickness that they can't be resurfaced so when the pads wear out you have to chuck the rotors as well. On my sx4 I found a set of almost new OEM rotors that I used and I was very happy with them.

Have you had good luck with the Napa rotors? I am not interested in "high performance ". I just want good rotors that don't warp for a decent price and in my experience I have had better luck with the originals.

KuroNekko

The longevity of brake pads and rotors is all about how you drive. I'm on my OE rotors and they're warped. I even recall when it happened: After a spirited run around a mountain with a lot of downhill braking. I experienced brake fade and the warping came about after that. I'm at a little over 40K miles and I'm looking to replace all rotors and pads. The OE brakes were originally good but now somewhat worn out and the rotors need to be replaced. The brakes feel nothing like they used to when I first got the car. I'm looking to upgrade the brakes so I'll go with some slotted rotors and performance brake pads.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
ehart814

Ours has 50k. I already put a set of rear pads in last fall. But the rotors are so rusty and nasty. It has pulsation front and rear. Ours is never driven hard. My wife drives about 90 miles a day on the highway 4 days a week. When it comes to brakes I need quiet, low dust, and long life. And rotors that don't warp! I'm so fed up with warped rotors!

Woodie

Well, those are the OEM ones that you are seeking. You say they're rusty, nasty, and warped after 50K of easy use.

Warped rotors come from the way you drive. I NEVER turn rotors, and very rarely replace them.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
ehart814

I bought the car with 24k on it.

Btw, I worked as a service advisor in a Honda service department for over 4 years. I fully understand that hard use can and will cause warped rotors. I also understand that sometimes parts are defective.

If you don't either resurface your rotors, or replace them when you change pads then you're not doing a brake job correctly.

Anyway, I guess no one has a set of near new take-off OEM rotors so I guess I'll shop for some decent (I hope) aftermarket ones.

WESHOOT2

....and right back to those slotted rotors and proprietary pads from SP Performance.

I believe I did the research (and road testing :drive: ) for you.