WTB: Roof Rails

Individuals may post anything, but it would be best to keep it related to automobiles.
jessica.taylor

Hey all,

Looking to buy some roof rails for my 2013 Kizashi. Anybody looking to sell theirs at a reasonable price?
sgtsampay

I'm in the same boat... I'm looking for some also. All I found are these:
https://www.suzukicarparts.com/partloca ... logid=5512
Ronzuki

I think you can get bars from a third party source. Whisper Bars ?? rings a bell. Search KuroNekko's posts, I believe he's done a bunch of research on who manufactured the OE bars for Suzuki. He'll probably chime in soon on the topic.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

The Suzuki roof bars are Yakima Whispbar Flush Bars. You can find them rather easily, but the prices are higher than the close-out prices for the Suzuki roof bars. Those prices are from when Suzuki parts dealers were trying to liquefy their inventory to make space for their next brand, I imagine. Search around and match the size for a set of Whispbar Flush Bars and you'll be able to get your hands on a roof bar identical to the Suzuki accessory roof bars.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Evanzo7

I had some on my last car & although they were handy for bikes etc, I don't really want any for my Kizashi.

For the transport of bikes I was thinking more of something than be attached & detached from the boot quite easily, anyone got something like this already?
I've searched about but not found anything too great, just the odd bits & bobs on ebay but nothing with real pictures or any feedback.
"If in doubt , flat out" - Colin McRae 1968 -2007
KuroNekko

Evanzo7 wrote:I had some on my last car & although they were handy for bikes etc, I don't really want any for my Kizashi.

For the transport of bikes I was thinking more of something than be attached & detached from the boot quite easily, anyone got something like this already?
I've searched about but not found anything too great, just the odd bits & bobs on ebay but nothing with real pictures or any feedback.
Saris Bones. I got one for another car when I drove it cross country to haul my mountain bike. I bought it used and even then, it was rock solid. However, some like to avoid bike carriers that attach to the trunk and rear bumper as they can cause light scratches and/or temporary indentations to the bumper.

Evanzo7

KuroNekko wrote:
Evanzo7 wrote:I had some on my last car & although they were handy for bikes etc, I don't really want any for my Kizashi.

Saris Bones. I got one for another car when I drove it cross country to haul my mountain bike. I bought it used and even then, it was rock solid. However, some like to avoid bike carriers that attach to the trunk and rear bumper as they can cause light scratches and/or temporary indentations to the bumper.

That's my thoughts, worried about scratches etc!
How did you find it?
KuroNekko

Evanzo7 wrote:
That's my thoughts, worried about scratches etc!
How did you find it?
I found it on Craigslist. After some research and reading reviews, I knew the Saris Bones series was the one I wanted. Mine was being sold by someone moving to Europe. Oddly, I bought it for moving too, but for driving cross-country. It was how I transported my bike on my girlfriend's Mazda3. As for the risk of scratches, it wasn't an issue. If you clean the car and the feet of the mount before mounting it, it likely won't scratch the car. What I noticed were the indentations it made on the rear bumper cover. The two lower feet caused two indentations from the weight and the force of the air resistance. However, the indentations quickly went away after unloading the mount given the bumper cover is made from rather resilient and flexible plastic.

For my Kizashi, I have a roof rack-mounted bike module to carry my bike around on. However, it only fits one. The Saris Bones 3 I have carries 3 bikes and can be transferred from vehicle to vehicle with no additional hardware. There are pros and cons to either.
Evanzo7

Sorry, I forget about the lingo of different locations! :lol:
I meant, how did you find it as in, how did you feel it worked for you, well or not.

You've answered that though! I may look into something like this in the future if Bike transportation becomes a must for me.
Thanks! :)
KuroNekko

Evanzo7 wrote:Sorry, I forget about the lingo of different locations! :lol:
I meant, how did you find it as in, how did you feel it worked for you, well or not.

You've answered that though! I may look into something like this in the future if Bike transportation becomes a must for me.
Thanks! :)
Haha, yeah. It worked very well especially given I put it through the ultimate test of driving cross-country (2700 miles) in three days. It held up very well and was stable at high speeds (80+ MPH).