For sale: 2012 GTS 6MT - Utah

Individuals may post anything, but it would be best to keep it related to automobiles.
Speed_Racer

Hey all, long time no post. Sad to say I'm offloading the final Suzuki from my fleet. I'll be posting it locally in the new year but I'd prefer it went to a Kizashi fan so I'd be willing to hold it for someone.

2012 Sport GTS, 64k miles, $7500
Fastest combo: Vivid red + 6 speed manual
I've owned it since 2012, purchased with 11k miles. I'm happy to provide maintance records & related documents - I've tracked everything since I bought it. Selling because my GF just replaced her hatchback with a sedan, so I bought a pickup for us to have some vehicle versatility.

Pros worth calling out:
- Low miles! I commuted via train for several years, then moved very close to work. Plus the motorcycles.
- I just replaced the windshield due to assorted rock chips & cracks
- Tires are probably ~ 50% (General Altimax RT42, which I highly recommend)
- Windows tinted

Cons:
- Rock chips on the bumper, with a few on the front of the hood as well. DR Colorchip's paint kit is a perfect match but it was a losing battle.
- Clearcoat finish is coming off the wheels, a common issue with the sport wheels unfortunately.

Lots of photos
Cold start & quick spin videos

Any questions, just ask. :)

'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
KlutzNinja

I’m not looking to buy, sorry, but I’m curious as to the windshield replacement.
Was it difficult to source a new windshield, and did it cost more than the average replacement?
Like did the local auto glass repair place help you out or did you have to order a new one from a Suzuki parts merchant online?
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
Speed_Racer

KlutzNinja wrote:I’m not looking to buy, sorry, but I’m curious as to the windshield replacement.
Was it difficult to source a new windshield, and did it cost more than the average replacement?
Like did the local auto glass repair place help you out or did you have to order a new one from a Suzuki parts merchant online?
Great question. I was concerned about difficulties sourcing a windshield which is why I waited until I planned to sell it to replace it.

I went thru Safelite, they were able to source a new (but not a Suzuki OEM) windshield within the same week. They didn't install it as it arrived with a deep scratch in the driver's line of sight, but a replacement arrived in another two business days. The replacement looks great, no distortion.

After discounts the price ended up being ~$360 installed. Safelite is aggressive with email winback discounts so wait it out, I ended up getting $45 off the first price quote. Hope that helps.
KuroNekko

Arg, sad to see you offload the Suzukis from your stable. However, it makes sense for your situation. Your car looks great and the mileage is insanely low. My 2011 Sport GTS 6 speed now has just over 103,000 miles for comparison.

If you're including accessories like that roof rack, might want to explicitly state that as those are now coveted items among Kizashi owners.

Also, unrelated to the Kizashi, but to Suzukis: looks like you replaced your Suzuki MCs with Triumphs. If you recall, I had that SV650S in Maryland but sold it before I moved to California in 2017. Back in June of this year, I finally replaced it with a 2015 V-Strom 650 that came with a decent amount of farkles.

Best of luck with the sale!
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Speed_Racer

Unfortunately, the SUZUKI brandings on the rack have faded to nothing in the sun, buyers will just have to take my word that they're rare and valuable!

And I remember the SV, but I'm glad you replaced it and with a VStrom no less! They are one of the most versatile motorcycles out there. Are you doing any adventuring on it, or just commuting and short rides?
KuroNekko

Speed_Racer wrote:Unfortunately, the SUZUKI brandings on the rack have faded to nothing in the sun, buyers will just have to take my word that they're rare and valuable!

And I remember the SV, but I'm glad you replaced it and with a VStrom no less! They are one of the most versatile motorcycles out there. Are you doing any adventuring on it, or just commuting and short rides?
I can attest to the fact that your racks are the original Suzuki accessory roof racks. The "Suzuki" branding just seems to come off with exposure and mine have faded noticeably though I only had the bars left on occasionally.

As for the V-Strom, yes, very happy with it. It was the kind of bike I got into riding for so I'm glad I found one in my permanent locale. I got it from a guy in LA who bought it for commuting but the pandemic must have nullified that. He told me he put it up for sale only after having it for 4 months as the second owner, especially because he has two other bikes. The original owner farkled it a good amount with a Givi rear case, Tourmaster panniers, Givi crash bars, an accessory fuse box, USB charger, etc. I added a Givi skid plate, aftermarket handlebar weights, and LED bulbs for the headlight and taillight. I've been mostly going on short rides but the intension is adventure riding, especially given the Kizashi isn't an adventure vehicle. I like that the V-Strom is comfortable for all-day riding and can handle off-pavement riding too.
How's the Tiger?
Speed_Racer

I had some great adventures on my VStrom! I actually have a coworker who just started riding and he picked up a similar VStrom 650 - low miles, all the goodies.

The Tiger is great! I had some electronic bugs to iron out but those come standard with any British vehicle hah. Mechanically it's been bulletproof. The engine is a peach, and it has much better chassis & suspension for 2-up riding. It is a porker though - we're probably close to 1,000 lbs w/ my GF & I when we're loaded for a 2-up trip. But I'm considering offloading my Street Triple because the Tiger does 90% of the job & I'm not sure it's worth having a dedicated sport bike for that last 10% (handling). Decisions decisions...
Speed_Racer

SOLD!

A bittersweet day, but it went to a good home.
I told the buyer about the forum so the car may be appearing back here in the future anyways :D
KuroNekko

Congrats on the sale. I hope to see your car come back on here.
Legoboy0109

I saw this for sale on KSL and thought it might me on this forum. :D
I hope the buyer likes it, I live in Utah as well and love my 2011 SLS AWD, which I got from my uncle who buys cars from auctions. I wish they made an AWD 6 speed manual though. I thought about offering a trade, but I don't think the post said anything about trades. I might sell my SLS one of these days and find an SX4 with the switchable locked 4WD/AWD and a 5 speed manual.
"What's worse, thinking that you're being paranoid or knowing you should be?"
-Aaron/Shane Carruth, Primer