Can someone help me my oil like came on and I was on my way to get oil and my car shut off I put oil

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
dashaun.lawrence

My oil light came on as I'm on my way to get oil my car shuts off I put oil In it and took the cables off to reset the computer how long does that take!
KuroNekko

I'm not aware of the Kizashi having a safeguard that shuts off the engine due to low oil pressure, but if so, that's a good thing. Add the motor oil (5W-30), wait a few minutes, reconnect battery, and then idle the engine (assuming it starts). For the oil pressure light to come on, you are probably very low on oil so you'll likely need close to 3 quarts. Make sure to check the oil level with the dipstick. It should be somewhere between the two little holes on the end of it. Check it after adding each quart.

Also, figure out why you're having this issue. Did you severely neglect your oil changes? Are you having an oil leak or burning the oil?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
dashaun.lawrence

Oil filter was loose and I put 4 quarts in it took both post off for about 45 minutes and I'll hear is a click when I press the start button
Woodie

There's a good chance that the engine is finished. When the oil light comes on the engine needs to be switched off instantly, or else SERIOUS damage will occur. Driving the car for any period of time after the oil light comes on is almost certain destruction. This is true of any car, not just a Kizashi.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
LPSISRL

If you have the car in a place that you can work on it, you might want to check to see if the engine has seized. To check this, you could try turning the crankshaft by using the nut that's at on the crank pulley. I would try turning it just enough to see if it will actually turn. It should not be hard to turn. I'm not sure which direction the crank turns but in this situation, all you are trying to determine is whether or not the engine is locked up. Also, is it possible you just have a nearly dead battery?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Ronzuki

Woodie wrote:There's a good chance that the engine is finished. When the oil light comes on the engine needs to be switched off instantly, or else SERIOUS damage will occur. Driving the car for any period of time after the oil light comes on is almost certain destruction. This is true of any car, not just a Kizashi.

Yup, likely seized. Very little of the remaining one quart in the crankcase would have even been sucked up by the oil pump.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)