2012 Kizashi AWD CVT Whine and other little problems

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
dannytrfc

hello, im having a few little problems with the cvt, i know it is that because ive read other threads about the cvt, first of all it is making a whine noise around 3000rpms, its not to loud but you can hear it, does this mean the transmission is going to fail?, the car is driving fine and has not been into limp/safe mode yet and no engine light has popped up. as im from the uk, i have contacted suzuki about it and it looks like they dont want to touch it and the warranty over here was only 3 years, so id probably have to pay for new parts etc..,
the other thing is when i select drive, reverse, neutral, the car seems to clunk a little bit and you can see the rpms move as i select a mode, is that a normal thing? the last thing is when im in drive, just as i move off you can hear this slight metal squeak noise, ive checked the fluid on the cvt dipstick and it seems to be a transparent greeny colour..
i hope you guys have some ideas. thanks
eatrocks

Yea it's normal, I got the same car. You have to drive it soft to avoid it. It's the sound of pump trying to suck up tranny fluid. There's posts here about the cvt pan being too short. It started the first summer I got the car, I drive it soft and rarely hear it.
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
SamirD

The 'shift shock' as its known is normal for cars that have had someone change gears without coming to a complete stop (unfortunately that's most out there). Shifting from a complete dead stop only and waiting up to 5 seconds before moving again does prevent the problem from becoming worse. Otherwise, it's fairly normal. The rpms should move when shifting gears as the engine is being disengaged and re-engaged with gears.

I haven't heard the whine, but I have heard the metallic squeak a few times. We've at 50k or 60k miles now and the car still drives normal. Hope this helps!