Stalling out at intersections.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
drew281

I have a 2011 kizashi se, and I was having similar problems. Auto zone checked it out and said the MAF or throttle body. The sensor is $124 and the rep suggested to clean the sensor and throttle body. I cleaned it with CRC after looking on YouTube and it runs way better. Haven't had an issue this was this past Sunday. Clean it out before you buy a new sensor.
kweaver919

Update for anyone who might be interested (2 years later) the stalling was the timing chain skipping. Luckily, under warranty.
2010 Kizashi SE
2012 Kizashi SE
2006 XL-7
old tech

Thank you for that info. I havent seen this problem yet. I have seen these with over 200k and i was impressed with it still sounding like new. Maybe you had a fluke and the tensioner just didnt work right.
Woodie

kweaver919 wrote:Update for anyone who might be interested (2 years later) the stalling was the timing chain skipping. Luckily, under warranty.
Timing chains don't jump a tooth and then continue to run for years. It would have to be massively loose to jump a tooth, if this happened it would very quickly spiral downhill and quit running altogether.

And there's 0 possibility that it could jump a tooth and then jump back to being right.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
old tech

Most likely timing chain stretch due to lack of quality oil lubrication and or chain durability. This could end up causing just enough chain stretch to trigger a cam /crank correlation code then a fail safe or limp home mode and a poor running and maybe even stalling at idle. I havent seen chain stretch myself on the Kizashi but I certainly have on the Hondas.
Juan

Well, Im going thru this right now except code POO16 came up which is the camshaft / crankshaft correlation code. After going the easy way and changing the cam and crank sensors which did nothing I ended up at the dealer because the next step is the timing chain and tensioners causing the car to be out of timing. The car is a 2012 SLS with 85K. The dealer is going to replace the chain and tensioner and sensors all under warrantee. Im very surprised this happened especially with a timing chain in the car. I take very good care and change the oil religiously on the car. Im also very surprised that Suzuki did not fight me on this at all.