RECALL: Drive Belt Pulley Tensioner Replacement

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
TheHolyGhost

Yes, the manual says 7500 miles.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
jimmerz

AFREaKA.Man wrote:And jimmerz, if you're going to steal a photo for your avatar, that's a great one to take! Between seeing their work and talking with their peeps, I felt confident enough to buy their products and after having them installed, I'm really pleased with Road Race Motorsports. Are you thinking of getting any of their performance upgrades? I love the way they did their Platinum Edition (the one you have as your avatar).
I do not plan on doing any performance upgrades, but I love the look of the Platinum Edition...I wish I was driving that one!
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
KizashiSLS11

Does this drive belt pulley tensioner effect idle?
TObject

It shouldn't.
delusional29

Sorry to necro such an old thread. But I wish I had seen this back then when I bought my car.
:facepalm:

Took it to the mechanic and they quoted me $700 to replace the part which includes labor. ($300 part).

I'm pretty confident with working on my car, so I'm going to attempt to do it myself. Anyone have any leads to good pricing and/or the difficulty of doing it myself?

Here are some things I've done so on my own so you guys can get a feel for what I can do:
- Complete brake job: Changed front and rear rotors and pads
- Low beam HID kit upgrade (I've removed that blasted bumper about 10x, LOL)
- Spark plug change
- Cabin air filter change

I've also swapped out an alternator on my old car, so I'm no stranger to serpentine belts and such.

What do you guys think? Doable?

DeL
delusional29

Found this great video on how to replace it. Looks like it may be similar:

DeL
KuroNekko

delusional29 wrote:Sorry to necro such an old thread. But I wish I had seen this back then when I bought my car.
:facepalm:

Took it to the mechanic and they quoted me $700 to replace the part which includes labor. ($300 part).

I'm pretty confident with working on my car, so I'm going to attempt to do it myself. Anyone have any leads to good pricing and/or the difficulty of doing it myself?

Here are some things I've done so on my own so you guys can get a feel for what I can do:
- Complete brake job: Changed front and rear rotors and pads
- Low beam HID kit upgrade (I've removed that blasted bumper about 10x, LOL)
- Spark plug change
- Cabin air filter change

I've also swapped out an alternator on my old car, so I'm no stranger to serpentine belts and such.

What do you guys think? Doable?

DeL
Are you sure it's never been done and the recall applies to your model? If so, Suzuki is still responsible. After all, the part was recalled and recalls aren't limited by warranty coverage.

If it's a matter that isn't part of the recall, then you can do it yourself. I haven't personally touched the belt system on the Kizashi yet but I have on other cars. Depending on where parts are located, it may be a good idea to take off the front right tire and go from under the car. It just depends on what you're getting at and where that part is located.
If you've done things like brakes, the serpentine belt and related parts aren't much harder, IMO.
Good luck.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

Seems that this was an issue only with the 2010 model year. It was not a recall but a TSB.
Interesting that our Kizashis have had only 3 recalls and 4 TSBs.

Recalls:
1. Glove box door may come open in a crash
2. Gasoline huffing spiders in vent line may cause excess fuel tank pressure causing leaks
3. Shifter may come out of park if the hulk grabs it and pulls it back without pressing the button.

TSBs:
3 of the 4 are the belt tensionor
TCM reprogram

Not bad. Not bad at all.

http://www.suzukiproblems.com/tsbs/Kizashi/2010/
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
dslatsh

Should i call Suzuki themselves and have them check to see if this was ever done on my 2011 kizashi? Or do you think an old suzuki dealer can be trusted enough to tell me? I bought mine used....
Ronzuki

As long as the 'old Suzuki dealer' is still an authorized Suzuki Service center, they'll be able to tell you. Otherwise, I'd contact ASMC in California directly.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)