2013 Kizashi Nav System, white screen Canada. System cannot unlock maps.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
RobertStreet

I have a 2013 Kizashi with a Garmin, Kenwood Nav System. I started the car one day and the screen went white with 4 black spots for re calibrating the touch screen. Which I did. Everything but the Nav works. The message "unable to unlock maps" comes up each time the car is started. Major Hwy.s are still there and the GPS is working. There are no maps or locations... I have never done a map update...it is like the map...expired and is now locked away. I know it was a system crash of some sort. Any suggestions.
RS350

RobertStreet wrote:I have a 2013 Kizashi with a Garmin, Kenwood Nav System. I started the car one day and the screen went white with 4 black spots for re calibrating the touch screen. Which I did. Everything but the Nav works. The message "unable to unlock maps" comes up each time the car is started. Major Hwy.s are still there and the GPS is working. There are no maps or locations... I have never done a map update...it is like the map...expired and is now locked away. I know it was a system crash of some sort. Any suggestions.
The same thing happened to the nav system in my 2013 Kizashi. How did you resolve it? Any suggestions anyone please?
z06jeff

I just recently did a map update as well as a software upgrade in the wife's 2013 SLS, so I'm familiar with the procedure. There were no white screen issues in my case, I mostly just wanted a map update. This is where you get the updates... https://suzuki.garmin.com/suzuki/site
The software upgrade is free, and could possibly take care of your problem. I would start there first. Before the upgrade, our head unit was running software version 2.10 and is now running 4.10.
The map update will cost around $95 plus tax. We went from Garmin North America 2012 to Garmin NA 2019 with the update.
2017 Lexus IS350 F-Sport awd
2003 Tracker 4dr 2.0
2002 Corvette Z06 :drive:
1968 Corvette 327
RS350

z06jeff wrote:I just recently did a map update as well as a software upgrade in the wife's 2013 SLS, so I'm familiar with the procedure. There were no white screen issues in my case, I mostly just wanted a map update. This is where you get the updates... https://suzuki.garmin.com/suzuki/site
The software upgrade is free, and could possibly take care of your problem. I would start there first. Before the upgrade, our head unit was running software version 2.10 and is now running 4.10.
The map update will cost around $95 plus tax. We went from Garmin North America 2012 to Garmin NA 2019 with the update.
That worked. Updated the software and it unlocked the maps. Thanks for your help. Much appreciate it.