2011 Kizashi Engine light

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Brogar

I need help with my 2011 Kizashi, the other morning I started my Kiz when I put my vehicle in drive i noticed that my vehicle would not shift into gear and let would not go faster than 10 mph. I looked for the engine light which did not come on. I pulled over shut the vehicle off and restarted it and again it would not go faster than 10 mph still no engine light. I drove approximately three miles until the engine light finally came on. The 1st time I ran the code reader, it displayed code P0101 plus others however I don't remember where I placed my worksheet. So I replaced my air filter, removed the MAF, canister purge valve and the throttle and cleaned everything with the appropriate cleaner. Replaced everything back and ran the code reader again and its displaying codes P0102, P0133, P0172 and P0777. I am stuck at the MAF, after cleaning it and still getting the P0102 i placed it. When i installed the new MAF I turned on the engine, with the engine running i unplugged the MAF and it continued to run indicating that the new MAF sensor was bad. I pray that someone is able to assist with this issue. Thank you
SAEED_KIZZY

Brogar wrote:I need help with my 2011 Kizashi, the other morning I started my Kiz when I put my vehicle in drive i noticed that my vehicle would not shift into gear and let would not go faster than 10 mph. I looked for the engine light which did not come on. I pulled over shut the vehicle off and restarted it and again it would not go faster than 10 mph still no engine light. I drove approximately three miles until the engine light finally came on. The 1st time I ran the code reader, it displayed code P0101 plus others however I don't remember where I placed my worksheet. So I replaced my air filter, removed the MAF, canister purge valve and the throttle and cleaned everything with the appropriate cleaner. Replaced everything back and ran the code reader again and its displaying codes P0102, P0133, P0172 and P0777. I am stuck at the MAF, after cleaning it and still getting the P0102 i placed it. When i installed the new MAF I turned on the engine, with the engine running i unplugged the MAF and it continued to run indicating that the new MAF sensor was bad. I pray that someone is able to assist with this issue. Thank you
I am not sure but sometimes error in some part of engine cause other problem in system in your case all P0102,P0133,P0172 are related to engine sensors but P0777 is related to GearBox (Pressure Control Solenoid “B” Stuck On)
it is better to solve this problem maybe other goes as well.
Ronzuki

SAEED_KIZZY wrote:
Brogar wrote:I need help with my 2011 Kizashi, the other morning I started my Kiz when I put my vehicle in drive i noticed that my vehicle would not shift into gear and let would not go faster than 10 mph. I looked for the engine light which did not come on. I pulled over shut the vehicle off and restarted it and again it would not go faster than 10 mph still no engine light. I drove approximately three miles until the engine light finally came on. The 1st time I ran the code reader, it displayed code P0101 plus others however I don't remember where I placed my worksheet. So I replaced my air filter, removed the MAF, canister purge valve and the throttle and cleaned everything with the appropriate cleaner. Replaced everything back and ran the code reader again and its displaying codes P0102, P0133, P0172 and P0777. I am stuck at the MAF, after cleaning it and still getting the P0102 i placed it. When i installed the new MAF I turned on the engine, with the engine running i unplugged the MAF and it continued to run indicating that the new MAF sensor was bad. I pray that someone is able to assist with this issue. Thank you
I am not sure but sometimes error in some part of engine cause other problem in system in your case all P0102,P0133,P0172 are related to engine sensors but P0777 is related to GearBox (Pressure Control Solenoid “B” Stuck On)
it is better to solve this problem maybe other goes as well.
I would have to agree with SAEED's assessment. Unfortunately, that pressure control solenoid is inside the CVT. CVT=not a great unit to have to be messing with. Could also be some other electrical problem randomly causing/triggering fault codes.

OP, how's the health of your car's battery? Have you, or anyone else, performed any electrical work (or modifications) on the car, ever?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Woodie

Brogar wrote:codes P0102, P0133, P0172 and P0777.
Multiple codes like this is almost certainly an electrical problem. There will often be a shared sensor power feed or shared ground wire between sensors which otherwise have nothing in common. Sometimes simply unplugging connectors and loosening ground wires then re-tightening them will make this sort of thing go away.
Brogar wrote: I am stuck at the MAF, after cleaning it and still getting the P0102 i placed it. When i installed the new MAF I turned on the engine, with the engine running i unplugged the MAF and it continued to run indicating that the new MAF sensor was bad.
This is not troubleshooting, this is throwing random parts at a problem. pretty easy to spend thousands before accidentally fixing it. The factory service manual will have a troubleshooting procedure for each of the codes you are getting. It's very possible that reading all four of those procedures will allow you to see what they have in common.

https://avnet.ws/kizashi/Xml/SAW10A/
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency