TPMS Service Error

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Malachi

Good afternoon,

For some time now i have had this message pop up on my vehicle and when i took it into a car mechanic they checked my tire pressure it was all good. But I was still having the message so he told me that the only thing he can think of was the receiver inside of the car was bad and i need to replace it. Well i have a 2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS and we don't have a dealer ship on the Hawaiian Islands and i have tried numerous times to try and find a part to fix it but have no luck so i am reaching out to see if anyone has any information that would help me in procuring this item, or if anyone has a fix i can try. Mahalo for your time.

- Malachi
JL840

I hope someone has a reply for you because my 2010 is doing the same thing, really annoying with all the lights on.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
KuroNekko

Maybe it's your receiver but given the age of our cars now, my bet is that the sensor batteries are failing. This is why the issue will become more prevalent among Kizashis. I really think it's the battery found in each sensor that is dying out after several years of service which is normal.
This issue is well documented among older cars with TPMS and why so many older cars have the warning lights on despite proper tire pressure.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
old tech

Im betting on Kuro's advise. You dont even want to think about receiver failure, it doubles as the keyless entry computer and only limited Suzuki service centers could even do this. Your 4 sensors could easily be checked with a Snap-on scan tool. Select tpms and read data. Test drive 1/2 mile and watch working sensors wake up with values and the dead one will have the I D no. and that no. is printed on the body of the sensor. You really should change all 4 with that age. The Kizashi is very picky on on brand of sensors. VDO is original and can be purchased reasonably from ebay (around $25)using the part no. SE1001HP. Registration can be done without any tooling but I find it quite hard to get the car in that mode . I use the Snap-on tool in tpms registration and it works easily. If you dont have access to the 315 mhz exciter tool you can back out the valve cores in order and as they drop 5 psi the sensor will turn on during registration process.
SamirD

I just found this thread. I would definitely look into the sensors themselves, but I have also seen this error when the tires were inflated to pressures above 50psi as I think that's outside of the range the system was designed for. Please let us know what you find out or already have found out!
cfronz48

i think it's the cars computer module but there's no way to check