P2111- throttle actuator control stuck

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
WackyJacky

Do I need a scanner to clear the codes? I thought unplugging the ECM was essentially a hard reboot.
bdleonard

WackyJacky wrote:Do I need a scanner to clear the codes? I thought unplugging the ECM was essentially a hard reboot.
Yes, a scanner is needed to clear the codes. While some learned parameters are cleared when the ECM is unplugged (or the battery is disconnected for an extended period), trouble codes are stored permanently until they are cleared (or in some cases automatically cleared once the "failed" test is subsequently passed a certain number of times)
Ronzuki

thanks for jumping in bdleonard...hoping you would as you seem to have easier access to FSM info which is really what problems such as these require.

Blown fuse still bothers me and the fact that it is holding now brings me back around to some type of intermittent wiring issue and the question of any 'add-ons' posed, again, by bdleonard. Not saying anything was messed with during your relative's ownership...possibly prior?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
WackyJacky

No mods. The car is stock. Stock radio. Stock fob. No remote start etc. I would have stated any found wiring rats nest etc. The harness looks good. The DC cigarette lighter is the only thing sounding sketchy from a previous post I saw in this forum so it isn't used.
The mechanic that got the p2111 code, cleared the codes but they all came back almost immediately.
If there was a scanner you could recommend that would be great. Not anything too expensive but if I could use it on my other vehicles too then I'm down.
bdleonard

WackyJacky wrote: If there was a scanner you could recommend that would be great. Not anything too expensive but if I could use it on my other vehicles too then I'm down.
Any inexpensive OBD II (aka OBD2) scanner should be fine for this purpose. ELM327 clone Bluetooth adapters can be had for under $20 and can be used with an app on your phone, computer, or tablet. Simple hand held standalone readers can be had for under $20, and are self contained. If you up yourself to around $50 you can find a large number of decent standalone scan tools and good quality bluetooth adapters. I'd suggest browsing the list of best seller devices at Amazon, and figure out what style and sort of features you'd like to have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/a ... e/15707381

For service information, you can download a pdf copy of some of the service information here (info from the Suzukipitstopplus web site):
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=546&start=20#p13093

Or you can try finding a copy of the standalone digital service manual, though it is picky about the web browsers that you use to access it, so you may need to try a few different one. There is currently a copy you can find online here:
http://suzukifamily.com.pk:1000/sman/Ki ... index.html

For the most up to date info, you can also pay $3.95 for 1 day of access to the official service info: https://suzukipitstopplus.com/Category/ ... ation.aspx
WackyJacky

Much obliged! What do I need to do to reprogram the electronic throttlebody if need be??
bdleonard

WackyJacky wrote:Much obliged! What do I need to do to reprogram the electronic throttle body if need be??
The procedure I detailed here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4851#p49622

That has the ECM re-learn the properties of the new throttle body. The throttle body itself does not require any programming. After that you would probably also want to to use a scan tool to clear any stored codes, before continuing.
WackyJacky

Got it. That's exactly what I plan to do when the part comes. Thanks for all of you that chimed in and helped. Let you know how it goes.
WackyJacky

It was the throttle body after all. Used one cost me 45. Cleaned it good and installed while the battery and ECM was disconnected. Car runs strong now.
Thanks to all!