Chceck engine P0010

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
kizashiwanter

A check engine appeared in my Kizashi. I checked that it was error P0010. I can't find specific information on the internet where it comes from. What should I check first?
Ronzuki

Simply Google "Suzuki P0010 Fault Code"....It's a generic OBD-II code, so it applies to many vehicles.

P0010 is a generic OBD-II code indicating an issue with the engine control module (ECM) detecting a variation in the mechanical timing between the crankshaft and bank 1 camshaft. The timing issue is typically detected during higher RPMs of the engine when the ECM attempts to adjust valve lift during higher speeds.

I'd be thinking crank position sensor, although it could be something in the VVT setup...there's likely a cam position sensor.
Someone here who has a pdf of the FSM will likely post the section related to that code and ways to diagnose for isolation.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
bdleonard

kizashiwanter wrote:A check engine appeared in my Kizashi. I checked that it was error P0010. I can't find specific information on the internet where it comes from. What should I check first?

That is the code for the Oil Control Valve for the Variable Cam system in the car. The first thing to check is the battery voltage, to make sure that a failing battery isn't causing random electrical issues. After that the service manual suggests to troubleshoot by checking the wiring to the OCV, checking and cleaning the OCV itself, checking the wiring to the ECM, and replacing the OCV. In that order (if the problem continues)

It is installed near the top of the timing cover on the pulley side of the engine, and looks like this: https://workshop-manuals.com/suzuki/kiz ... nspection/

If you remove it make sure you don't damage/ lose/ forget the o-ring that seals it