Kizashi Crankshaft position sensor

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
rokitad

Check engine light came on and obdii scan pulled up a p0016 error code (crank and cam position correlation), so I wanted to replace both of the sensors. Found and replaced the camshaft position sensor, but I can't find the crankshaft position sensor, so I'm worried that it's in some remote place where I'd have to pull up the engine or something to find it. Anyone know where it's located, and how I can get to it?
old tech

Crankshaft sensor is mounted on the block covered up by the alternator. Although I dont think this your problem. The car wouldnt even start if the crank sensor failed. I think your timing chain is just slack enough to get the cam just out of range and the chain at least should be changed.
rokitad

With the engine being sideways, how difficult would it be to swap the chain? I don't have much experience with something like that, so I don't know if I should even bother.
old tech

Space is tight but still done in the car. job is not the worst but not the easiest either.
delusional29

Reviving this old topic since I'm looking to replace my Crankshaft sensor (called CKP Sensor in the service manual).

After poking around a bit under the hood I found it completely hiding behind the Alternator. The service manual actually calls to remove the "Generator" aka Alternator to get to it. Ugh. I need to do some more reading, but the Alternator definitely has to be removed to get to the one 10mm bolt holding the sensor in. A major PITA: I've replace pulleys and getting that serpentine belt back on was a PAIN.

Was hoping someone has link to a guide here on the forums on how to remove the alternator. If not I'm going to read up in the service manual again to find out the best way to do it and share my results here if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Del

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

old tech

The best way for me to help you is for you to first list all the needed information such as the year and how many miles are on your Kizashi and then a little bit of background information like the car was running fine up until an overheat situation or whatever has happened to your vehicle. The current symptoms and any trouble codes that you have. With that information I may be able to pinpoint your problem. The crankshaft sensor is an extremely rare failure as I’ve never seen one so bad. If you’re getting a correlation code I can guarantee you that’s not your failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
delusional29

Hi,

I appreciate the help. :-) So I've had issues off and on with this thing, with code P0335 (Crankshaft Sensor). It's been happening over the course of the year. Sometimes the check engine light would go on and the "Hill Hold Disabled" message came up, so I ordered the sensor part to swap it. Then it would go away for MONTHS. That was a year ago.

The check engine light recently it came on, along with the "Hill Hold Disabled" message and I was unable to start my car. AAA came and said it wasn't the battery (I had already known this since I have a 3 week old battery - Die Hard Gold). Guy said it was the starter. I popped in my scanning tool. You guessed it, code P0335 again. So right when he was about to tow it (I had waited a few hours for them to get there, stranded, trying to start it multiple times) I tried it ONE LAST TIME. Boom, it started right up.

So far, I've removed the CMP sensor since it was accessible. Cleaned it, lubed the O-ring with new oil and popped it back in. Couldn't get to the CKP sensor, so I left it alone. Put my diagnostic tool back in, cleared the codes. And she's been rock solid. So not sure what the issue could be. I'd probably feel better if I swapped the CKP sensor though.

Thoughts?

Del
old tech

With the code for the crank sensor and a no start intermittently, I would change out the crank sensor with probably a known good used one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redgts10

I had the same problem. And it was the crankshaft sensor. Get a oem part!! I replaced the first time with aftermarket and part failed in a week. Oem suzuki sensor is only 80$