Heavy Duty Shocks For Kizashi CVT 2WD

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
pcm0928

Hi there,
I am considering to upgrade to heavy duty shocks, ie similar to the shocks used in Tokyo to L.A. Kindly advise what shocks are available.
Cheers
old tech

The rear top shock mounts are barely adequate for the stock kyb s. This will have to be addressed if going heavier. If the stock shocks and struts are in good condition, these cars handle great. When a rear shock or mount begins to fail , handling quickly deteriorates. Make sure your rears are in top notch condition before you make a judgement to modify it.
KuroNekko

pcm0928 wrote:Hi there,
I am considering to upgrade to heavy duty shocks, ie similar to the shocks used in Tokyo to L.A. Kindly advise what shocks are available.
Cheers
If I recall correctly, the shocks Motor Trend got for the Kizashis in Tokyo to LA: The Hard Way were produced a company specializing in rally-racing shocks. I think MT mentions the company in either the prep video or article. I recall hearing the name at the time.
That being said, unless you're going offroad a lot, why do you need such heavy duty shocks for a 4 door FWD sedan designed to run on paved roads?
Just in case you're going to say the KYBs fail often at the rear, you should know that there's a known problem caused by the bump stoppers. Getting the revised design helps prevent premature failure of the rear shocks from corrosion. I've noticed some Kizashi owners replacing their rear shocks without replacing the faulty bump stoppers with the revised one. This will just eventually lead to premature failure again.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)