Many things wrong after accident! Help!

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
magellan

I just created an account and it looks like 4 years ago Kizashi Club was a lot busier. I’m not sure if anyone will help me, but I have many things wrong with my 2011 Kizashi and I need help! I need a service manual, most of all. If anyone is out there, please help! Hopefully I didn’t waste my time with this! I will go into detail if I’m asked about any of this, but this is the overview! ESP, AIRBAGS & COMPUTER, SEATBELTS, 4 WARNING LIGHTS, 12V SOCKET, HORN ASSEMBLY, HORN CONTACTS IN STEERING WHEEL, and DRIVE BELT!
Woodie

http://suzukifamily.com.pk:1000/sman/Ki ... index.html

There's an HTML version

I also have a PDF version I could e-mail you, but I'm a little suspicious that it's only 100K, that seems small to me.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

What type of accident...as in frontal wreck, rear-ender, etc. Were any airbags deployed? With the amount of tech and wiring in cars, any type of accident can cause damage to wiring through out the car. The harnesses are not hardened, designed or even routed w/ "wrecks" in mind. Knowing where the physical damage was concentrated may help narrow the forum down the problem. Check all fuses (every single one), in the cabin and under the hood with a meter (not just visually)and report back if any are blown and which ones they are specifically. That's a start for you. GL.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
magellan

So, I rear-ended somebody. The fan and the radiator mount both got broken and pushed back into the radiator, causing the radiator to leak. We replaced all that stuff, and it drives fine now. No leaks or anything. The airbags deployed and the seatbelts locked up. I got seatbelts from a Kizashi in a junkyard and reinstalled them, but the lights are still on and the beep is gone. Also I replaced the dashboard for new airbags and the steering wheel airbag. We took the steering wheel off and didn’t pay attention to the assembly, and I think we messed it up because we also got a new clockspring and hooked it up. What I’m wondering here is the Traction Control light. It stays on and isn’t affected by my switch, and on the HUD is says “Service ESP System & Hill Hold Disable”. When we took the steering wheel off, I think we put it on just a little bit crooked and the Steering Angle sensor is making the Traction light stay on. I read I need a SAS Reset-capable OBD2 scanner to fix this. But also when we put together the steering wheel, I don’t think we assembled the horn contacts and springs right, because the airbag sticks out a little now and you can see through the side into the wheel. I don’t have the airbag computer hooked up for fear when I mess with the steering wheel they’ll deploy. Really I’m just asking if anyone knows the right assembly for the steering wheel horn contacts, and if anyone knows of a good scanner with all those fancy ESP, SAS, SRS capabilities. I want to be able to use it for other cars too. And also, why my seatbelts wont ding or light off anymore! Thank you both for responding and I’ll for sure check out that manual!
magellan

Also my horn fell off and wondering if anyone knows where it goes onto the body!
magellan

And my 12v socket started not working! It was working fine for a while then it just stopped one day
Ronzuki

Oh man...a front ender (bad) w/ airbag deployment (really bad). Car should have been totaled. There are pretty extensive (read very expensive) procedures for the air bag(s) and other SRS component replacement after a wreck involving deployment. The force of both traumatic jolts (the crash and then the air-bag explosion) could have caused other hidden damage to any one of the multitude of circuit boards in the car. And why that's enough to total the car from an insurance perspective due to its dismal resale value. I do know every single component related to the airbag system would have to be replaced, period. That was why our 08 SX4, in pristine condition before the boy wrecked it, was totaled by insurance. Front-ender as well w/ dual airbag deployment. $5-6k worth of airbag SRS BS had to be replaced. That's the norm including your seat cushion assembly(s). There may be some type of mode the car was forced into by the wreck coupled w/ the airbag deployment forcing you to have a proper repair done...I don't know. In the nanny-state world we live in, wouldn't surprise me....for liability reasons.

Sorry to say, but you're likely looking at a total loss and I certainly wouldn't be dumping any time or money in to the car.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
magellan

Well hopefully somebody will buy it even with all those warning lights. Appreciate it though
BLyons

magellan wrote:Also my horn fell off and wondering if anyone knows where it goes onto the body!
The horns connect underneath the front bumper. Did both of them fall off? Pretty much behind the fog lights on the bumper cover.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
KuroNekko

magellan wrote:Also my horn fell off and wondering if anyone knows where it goes onto the body!
Look carefully on the front air dams of the car. Next to the fog lights (if you have them) are slits in the air dam. The slits are actually for the horns as they are mounted directly behind them. One on each side.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)