TPMS Service

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
totakeke

I recently had my tires replaced and not too long after I leave Discount Tire, I get the bright orange "Service TPMS" screen. That's annoying, but not as annoying as the blinking orange warning light on the dash.
As far as I can tell, the "Service TPMS" problem is tricky, but solutions are on this forum. I'm just making sure that I have a good idea of the to fix it. I'm still pretty new to car repair but I'm trying to learn.
I went to Discount Tire and we were able to figure out which sensor needs to be replaced (back left). From my understanding, this is what I should do if I want my car to stop flashing it's blinding orange warning lights at me:
1. Purchase a VDO SE10001HP TPMS sensor (probably from Ebay or wherever I can find one) (for cheap)
2. Have it installed (probably at Discount Tire)
From there, I assume I should be able to do the trick that's been passed around on here a few times:
Procedure for getting the car into relearn mode:
1) Inflate tires to pressure on door frame placard
2) Turn ignition ON
3) Press driver’s door frame switch for interior light for 4 seconds and release
4) Press switch again for 4 seconds and release
5) Press switch again for 7 seconds and release
6) If successful the TPMS symbol next to the speedometer needle will begin blinking in a series of two quick flashes. The yellow exclamation point (!) light will go out if the "Service TPMS" message was previously displayed.
7) Quickly scan the LF, RF, RR, LR wheels in that order.
8) After last scan the TPMS symbol will stay on for 5 seconds and then go off
Apparently an alternative to step 7 is to let out 5-10lbs of pressure to trigger the sensor and then fill back up. This is probably what I'm going to do since, from what I've picked up, you need specific scan tools (ATEQ VT15/VT30 or some expensive Bartec tool) to trigger the sensor. I assume after that, the light will go away.

I'm hoping someone who's dealt with replacing the TPMS sensor(s) in their Kizashi (now that it's not as easy to find support for Suzuki cars in the US) can confirm that this is what I have to do to solve the problem. I'd greatly appreciate the help! Also hopefully if we reach a solution, new Kizashi owners can find this thread and have a solution laid out for them instead of having to read through 4-5 threads from search results.
SamirD

Hi, I'm the one who figured out the letting out air pressure method to trigger the sensors. Once you get to this point it's pretty easy.

The most important part is to get the right sensors. If you can get a genuine Suzuki part, that guarantees that it will work, but the battery may not last as long. But I haven't had any issues from mine and they're the originals, so that may not be an issue at all.

The second hardest part is simply getting the car into re-learn mode. Practice this a few times to get it down so you don't waste time if you're at a gas station air pump (like I would always be). I had to practice each season when I had to swap tires as I would forget or lose my feel for it.

Then it's simple enough to trigger the sensors, put back some air and drive home happy. If the light comes on again, just do it again. I've had it take up to 3 times for my winter or summer set to stay programmed for whatever reason, other times just taking once. Hope this helps even though it's months later!
totakeke

SamirD wrote:Hi, I'm the one who figured out the letting out air pressure method to trigger the sensors. Once you get to this point it's pretty easy.

The most important part is to get the right sensors. If you can get a genuine Suzuki part, that guarantees that it will work, but the battery may not last as long. But I haven't had any issues from mine and they're the originals, so that may not be an issue at all.

The second hardest part is simply getting the car into re-learn mode. Practice this a few times to get it down so you don't waste time if you're at a gas station air pump (like I would always be). I had to practice each season when I had to swap tires as I would forget or lose my feel for it.

Then it's simple enough to trigger the sensors, put back some air and drive home happy. If the light comes on again, just do it again. I've had it take up to 3 times for my winter or summer set to stay programmed for whatever reason, other times just taking once. Hope this helps even though it's months later!
It does help! Thank you. I have a place that's willing to help work on all this so hopefully the whole process shouldn't be too hard.
I haven't bought these yet, but from what I can tell, these are probably the right sensors (?):
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.ph ... 4&jsn=2081

Last time I looked into it was probably January and I forgot to check back here. I've been living with the stupid orange screen.
SamirD

totakeke wrote:
SamirD wrote:Hi, I'm the one who figured out the letting out air pressure method to trigger the sensors. Once you get to this point it's pretty easy.

It does help! Thank you. I have a place that's willing to help work on all this so hopefully the whole process shouldn't be too hard.
I haven't bought these yet, but from what I can tell, these are probably the right sensors (?):
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.ph ... 4&jsn=2081

Last time I looked into it was probably January and I forgot to check back here. I've been living with the stupid orange screen.
You're welcome.

Those sensors might work, but they're not the same design as the factory sensors so they may not work. VDO Continental makes the sensors for Suzuki, and my Suzuki sensors from 2011 are still going strong so even used ones will work well.
old tech

I think these will work great for you however they do come blank of any id number which will have to be loaded into each sensor with a tpms tool. These sensors are nice when you want a duplicate set of sensors for your snow wheels thus saving from having to reset anything when changing from summers to winters and back.The vdo sensor doesnt need to say suzuki on it,but just look identical to them.They have an id number in them . You would then introduce them to your car without any tools using those voodoo methods decribed in earlier posts.
SamirD

old tech wrote:I think these will work great for you however they do come blank of any id number which will have to be loaded into each sensor with a tpms tool. These sensors are nice when you want a duplicate set of sensors for your snow wheels thus saving from having to reset anything when changing from summers to winters and back.The vdo sensor doesnt need to say suzuki on it,but just look identical to them.They have an id number in them . You would then introduce them to your car without any tools using those voodoo methods decribed in earlier posts.
Yep, I looked into these sensors and the tools to clone my original set and go that route to avoid a relearn. But after discovering how easy it is to do the relearn, how much more available 'regular' sensors are (not tied to a single company if something goes wrong), I chose to just get Suzuki sensors. 8-)
old tech

What you want is an oem sensor without the oem price and that would be a VDO es10001hp you can find an unused one on ebay for around $15
SamirD

old tech wrote:What you want is an oem sensor without the oem price and that would be a VDO es10001hp you can find an unused one on ebay for around $15
And to give an additional frame of reference, I bought a genuine Suzuki one for $22 shipped about 2 years ago for the full size spare that I've been working on for the last 7 years. :?
FR-kizashi2010

SamirD wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:36 am The second hardest part is simply getting the car into re-learn mode. Practice this a few times to get it down so you don't waste time if you're at a gas station air pump (like I would always be). I had to practice each season when I had to swap tires as I would forget or lose my feel for it.
I have not been able to get the car into re-learn mode. Any ideas (anyone)? I have the car in ON power mode (not ACC and not START). I press and hold the driver's side door light switch first for four seconds, then release, then four seconds again, release, then seven seconds. Nothing happens. This is a 2010 Kizashi. Is there a resource that I could check to confirm the sequence required to get it into re-learn mode??

Thanks in advance!
SamirD

Your sequence is wrong. Check out this thread for the sequence as I just posted them again for someone else:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2764&hilit=dealerless&start=330