Left front turn signal bulb replacment

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
LPSISRL

It's getting pretty sparse around here, I know I don't check in as much as I used to... or should. I see the old stalwarts are here still. Ronzuki, Kuro and company.

I had to replace my left front turn signal. I had to go through the same remove the bumper process as when I change the left headlight bulb. When I got the bulb out and checked it, it looked fine. Put it back in and it worked fine. Bad connection. All that for a bad connection. I did see if there was an easier way to get to it. Not that I could see. Anyone's experience any different?

BTW - I'm about at 120K right now and need to flush the CVT. Otherwise all is good.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
KuroNekko

LPSISRL wrote:It's getting pretty sparse around here, I know I don't check in as much as I used to... or should. I see the old stalwarts are here still. Ronzuki, Kuro and company.

I had to replace my left front turn signal. I had to go through the same remove the bumper process as when I change the left headlight bulb. When I got the bulb out and checked it, it looked fine. Put it back in and it worked fine. Bad connection. All that for a bad connection. I did see if there was an easier way to get to it. Not that I could see. Anyone's experience any different?

BTW - I'm about at 120K right now and need to flush the CVT. Otherwise all is good.
I apologize I'm not as active as I used to be. I've been quite busy with work and to be completely honest, my man-trans Kizashi is very reliable and low-drama meanwhile much of the conversations on this forum have focused on the CVTs that are starting to fail left and right from the six-figure mileage many Kizashis have now.

My main problem with the car is the ever-chipping paint. My front bumper looks so much worse than my rear all due to everyday-driving impact chipping from small debris like asphalt pieces that I simply can't prevent short of a hideous bumper bra (no thanks). I'm going to start experimenting with other detailing techniques and solutions to see if I can mitigate the onset of the worn-out look. If all else fails, I may get the front bumper professionally repainted which I'm sure would cover the original chipping and then put a layer of higher quality paint that won't chip like the factory crap. I did that with the wheels.

As for the turn bulbs, I have yet to replace any of them on my Kizashi. They also happen to be the only bulbs left in my car that aren't LEDs. I won't convert the amber turn bulbs to LEDs mainly because I can't be bothered to find and pay for CANBUS bulbs that only get intermittent use. It's the running lights and interior lights I care more about to convert to LEDs.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

Yeah...even WESHOOT hasn't piped in lately. Probably went to the dark side in a Caddy or some such POS. That or he got busted by the cops for drifting on dry pavement somewhere and they locked him up for his own 'safety'...

Tim....where are you? Still would hope you'd let us know what's been going on.

Only bulbs in the car I've had to change are the primary headlights many times like everyone else and the license plate once. Still on the original every thing (other than tires and fluids) including brake pads. Knock wood....prolly just jinxed the hell outta myself.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Woodie

I replaced the headlights and fog lights at 50,000 miles because I wanted a little more light out of them. At 55,000 now and haven't had a single bulb go out.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
LPSISRL

I now fear putting in LEDs or my HIDs back in. Failed inspection since LEDs are not DOT approved. They made me replace my license plate LEDs with DOT approved ones. :x
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Ronzuki

It's about time the standards are being enforced again. All these damn annoying, distracting, and blinding off-shore manufactured lights that are not tested, verified, and approved to meet the U.S. criteria. The car makers have to abide by the standards, so should the aftermarket.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)