Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
 #50798  by Jfge8618
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:00 am
Hi, I bought recently a 2011 kizashi I lo very the thing but I've had a few episodes where the car while driving will drop rpm and won't accelerate but if I shift it on neutral I can go full rpm. If I shut the car off for a couple of minutes and restart the problem goes away. Has this happen to any one. If so what have been the solutions.

Thanks in advance
 #50799  by old tech
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:21 am
You will need to have the trouble codes read for both engine and transmission. It sounds like car is falling into limp mode . Im suspecting you have purchased someone elses problem and possibly transmission is failing.. How many miles are on it ?
 #50802  by Ronzuki
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:40 pm
Unfortunately, that was my first thought as well...
 #50805  by Jfge8618
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:31 pm
old tech wrote:You will need to have the trouble codes read for both engine and transmission. It sounds like car is falling into limp mode . Im suspecting you have purchased someone elses problem and possibly transmission is failing.. How many miles are on it ?

She has 150xxx km, this my first car with cvt and i have not noticed the usual auto problems it's got pretty much good take off and have not noticed the usual slipping and or lack of power. When the fail happens it just won't accelerate it won't go over 2000 rpms approx. In an older car I would think it's the pump or fuel pressure regulator, I had it scanned but I believed the scanner did not have capability to scan the trans I just gave us a code for CPS circuit "a" p0335 I believe and I replaced the sensor but still have the issue. Of power loss and I have noticed it happening more often on hot days or long traffic jams.

And other thing the engine was pressure washed before the issue appeared. I want to believe that could have been part of the issue tomorrow she is going to the suzuki dealer to have it diagnosed. let's hope for something not as bad as a tranny as they are stupid hard to come by here in chile where am living at the moment.
 #50823  by bdleonard
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:06 pm
Jfge8618 wrote:
old tech wrote:You will need to have the trouble codes read for both engine and transmission. It sounds like car is falling into limp mode . Im suspecting you have purchased someone elses problem and possibly transmission is failing.. How many miles are on it ?

She has 150xxx km, this my first car with cvt and i have not noticed the usual auto problems it's got pretty much good take off and have not noticed the usual slipping and or lack of power. When the fail happens it just won't accelerate it won't go over 2000 rpms approx. In an older car I would think it's the pump or fuel pressure regulator, I had it scanned but I believed the scanner did not have capability to scan the trans I just gave us a code for CPS circuit "a" p0335 I believe and I replaced the sensor but still have the issue. Of power loss and I have noticed it happening more often on hot days or long traffic jams.

And other thing the engine was pressure washed before the issue appeared. I want to believe that could have been part of the issue tomorrow she is going to the suzuki dealer to have it diagnosed. let's hope for something not as bad as a tranny as they are stupid hard to come by here in chile where am living at the moment.

Well, bad readings from the crank sensor will certainly result in the car going in to limp mode. If you have already replaced the crank sensor with a new one, I would take a close look at the wiring or connectors for damage (particularly water intrusion given the pressure wash), including the ground wires on the car and the connectors to the main ECU. I would also suggest testing the battery / alternator to make sure that they are functioning within factory specifications.