Adapting Kizashi for vertically challenged.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
old tech

I took a 2013 Suzuki Kizashi SLS and adapted it to a girl that was just over 4 foot tall. I made pedal extensions that could be removed and installed easily so family members could also drive it . I made them from old Corolla pedals , carriage bolts, 1/4 inch square stock , nuts and washers from Home Depot. For docking on the original pedals, I made steel brackets with 1/4 drive socket welded to the side.I made a foot rest or raised floor out of two by fours and piece of plywood to Cover it with using original Kizashi carpeting from a parts car to make it match nicely. I used the spare tire docking from a SubaruImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageI think it was and adapted it to work for quick and safe mounting. I used wrist pins and longer bolts to use as spacers to raise driver seat over two inches. Then omitted under dash panel and trimmed the under column panel. It all came out nice and is quick and easy to install or take out the pedals and raised floor. I know this is no interest to the vast majority but I’m sure there is a few it may interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by old tech on Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronzuki

Great to see creative problem solving talents being put to use. Nice work.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)