Recall passenger side seat cushion

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
black7

Just wondering if anyone has had the passenger seat cushion replaced (recall) - I received my notice in the mail and apparently they are now finally replacing the cushion based on the sensor issues.
I'm curious to know what this new cushion looks like, how it matches up with the original and if the synthetic material they used is an issue.
Ronzuki

If it's for the pleather seat cushion, see post #41 below:

https://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&start=40
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KlutzNinja

I had it done last Friday. It looks slightly different from the standard seat, both shape-wise and material-wise; I have a black interior so I’m not sure how this looks on the beige version. It’s almost like whoever designed the replacement seat didn’t have the original Kizashi seat in front of him, but rather tried to draw it up from memory, and with that memory being a little fuzzy.
The new seat is more squishy and rubbery feeling, too. And it smells odd. At least for a short time. It feels okay but the discrepancy between it and the original driver’s seat is kind of odd. The center cushion is farther out which I assume provides better thigh support. But it looks odd. I meant to post pictures in the other thread but some things have been keeping me from that. Because I think when the tech worked on it, he set some tools on the roof of my car and scratched the heck out of it. I wanted to show you guys that as well. But I haven’t been able to clean my roof either, as it is currently filthy. I’m hoping that the roof incident is just what my tech did, and hopefully yours would be more mindful.

Ultimately, if I knew in advance how different the new seat would look, and somehow knew I could have prevented my car from getting scratched up, I would have forgone the seat recall when I took my Kizashi in for the fuel tank recall as well. Luckily hardly anyone ever rides in my car, so no one will probably notice, in my case :lol: . I took it in with the hopes the new seat would look very similar to the old one, at least in terms of shape, but as I’ve said above, it doesn’t resemble the old cushion as well as I’d like. And I was also sick of the seat occupant warning going off all the time in warm weather. In the summer it’ll beep constantly, as I live in Los Angeles county and don’t park in a garage when home. From what I interpreted, this was at least part of the issue to be resolved by the recall.

In California, car registration renewal is paused if you still have outstanding recalls to do, or something like that. Idk if other states have that as well. And idk if the seat recall qualifies for that; it seems a lot less critical than the fuel tank fix. I hope it’s not essential.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
black7

Thanks for the detailed reply - no surprise that Suzuki would screw this up.
So they replace the cushion with one that doesn't match the original - talk about a great way to ruin an interior that was actually quite nice, upscale and well build. Unfortunately, this tells you a lot about the manufacturer.
I'll leave the original in and put of with the chiming on hot days.
KlutzNinja

black7 wrote:Thanks for the detailed reply - no surprise that Suzuki would screw this up.
So they replace the cushion with one that doesn't match the original - talk about a great way to ruin an interior that was actually quite nice, upscale and well build. Unfortunately, this tells you a lot about the manufacturer.
I'll leave the original in and put of with the chiming on hot days.
If you’re a detail oriented person and rode in my Kizashi, you might notice the difference in seats. If you’re the average person who doesn’t pay attention to such things, there’s a chance you wouldn’t notice it. I’ll keep track of whether my next passenger notices it or not lol. And while I wish I had my original seat cushion, I’m just glad only the bottom segment was replaced, and not the entire seat’s leather and cushions.

The appearance issue might be circumvented if you got an aftermarket covering; that way no one would know you have two different looking seats :lol:
black7

Any chance you could post a pic? Maybe I am over reacting but it's hard to say without seeing the driver and passenger seats installed - thanks
OliverB

Also very interested in seeing pictures.
2007 SX4
2011 Kizashi
KlutzNinja

I took some pics right after that last post. Unfortunately I’m not sure how to upload them from my iPhone directly to this site, so I’m trying to import them to the desktop. My desktop is a little slow and whatnot so it may take a while. :facepalm:
KlutzNinja

Okay I think I found a workaround since the normal transfer process wasn't working. Had to email myself the pics lol. It's been a while since I have been on a forum like this, and having to upload images this way. Just a disclaimer, my driver's seat is not in great shape. The previous owner(s) did not care much for this Kizashi and this seat is just one such area. I'll admit I have to vacuum the floor mats, however :lol:.
I have several more photos, but for some reason they didn't want to upload with this first one. I'll try to get them up as well to provide different angles of the new seat bottom.
Attachments
IMG_7898.JPG
IMG_7898.JPG (209.67 KiB) Viewed 4536 times
black7

Thanks for the pics -
My seats actually look more like the new one in your pics. I don't have a lot of wear on mine - 2011 with only 70 kms on it.
I don't have white stitching on my originals - if the stitching is in black on the replacement, I think I'll go for it.
Thanks again.