Aftermarket Media player - steering wheel buttons won't work

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
NickL

Hey guys!

I am not sure if we allready have this question on forum, so i decided to open a new topic.

Anyway, previous owner of my Kizashi installed a multimedia player instead of a Radio. That is Navgear Streetmate 2, which is a bit slower unit compared to today standards but is working just fine to me, so I plan to keep it.

However, the only problem is that the Audio and Bluetooth buttons on steering wheel are not working with this Player. I downloaded the user manuell for it and found out that there is step by step guide how to program the buttons in order to make them work, but the buttons are simply not reacting.

I am wondering if the player is correctly wired at all. Will I maybe need some special adapter in order to make it work, and if yes, which one?

Any of you guys had the similar issue?
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
soylentgreen

it's relatively easy to splice in the steering wheel controls.
if the previous user used any of the off the shelf adaptors, then you wouldn't have been able to get steering wheel controls. All the ones I've used I've had to splice in the steering wheel control wires.

if i recall it's pink + pink/brown + pink/green or something like that.

check the aftermarket wiring guide somewhere on this forum.