Checking the valves play on engine

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
NickL

Hi guys!

I tried to find the topic similar to this one on Forum but it didn't show up in my search.

Anyway, I was wondering if Kizashi engine needs checking the play on engine valves from time to time?I saw in user manual that Suzuki recommends it to every 30 tkm, but when I mentioned it to my mechanic, he was like.. what the hell? There is no need to do that...

What about you guys? Do you check the play on the valves from time to time or is it not necessary?
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
Woodie

Learn something every day, or you should at least try. I was shocked to find that you are right, they do recommend checking the valve clearance. It's a huge job to adjust it, the cams need to be removed and the individual tappets changed out for different thicknesses. Unless you can hear clattering from your valves, I wouldn't bother with it.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
NickL

I remember I was doing that once on my Civic and it is not such an easy job. Anyway, if there is a big clearence between valves and it is not adjusted properly for longer period of time, I have heard that it can cause engine issues.

So far my engine seem to be working just fine, but I like the car and the engine so much that I just want to maintain it the best I can in order to make the engine run as smooth as possible for long time....
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
kizashiwanter

Do you have instructions on how to check valve clearances in Kizashi with a CVT gearbox?