Engine Bay Undercarriage Cover Screws

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
LPSISRL

I hope not! What was done in the olden days when motor electronics were plugs, points and condensers are unknowns today.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
AirRideFan

Ronzuki wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:32 pm
Ronzuki wrote:;) Figured it was and oldie...my caution is directed at someone reading this here, and then heading out to the garage and spraying away on whatever it is they're driving today.
Thanks for this info, Ronzuki! That answers that question! I will be taking my 45 quarts or so of used Mobil-One oil, from my three cars (Lexus GS430, GMC Typhoon, & Kizashi daily driver) to Advance Auto Parts - disposing of it all. I am thinking FluidFilm or the Liquid Wrench, but only on certain areas - and nowhere near any of the rubber lines or wires underneath. I appreciate your help regarding this salty subject, for me. Ha.
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!
AirRideFan

SamirD wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:46 am The best stuff I have found for this type of treatment is fluidfilm--I would spray it on stuff that showed any sign of corrosion every 6 months when swapping over to the winter/summer tires. I saw nearly zero rust on the car while it spent most of its time in the midwest. As soon as it came back to the south after the last winter in the midwest, it actually rusted solid in a month and wouldn't even move. :( Since then I've had to spray almost everything to try to keep the rust at bay. :(
That's seriously awesome that the fluidfilm kept your Kiz from rusting underneath for that long in the midwest-- (you mean Kansas, or somewhere similar to PA - that uses a TON of rock salt and that stupid brine or whatever it's called for ice?) --- I can't believe it completely rusted out after going SOUTH though! From the ocean's salt? Dannng. I am so pissed about my car having an extra full degree of frickin NEGATIVE CAMBER (thank God not the opposite!- lol) in the rear, from everything being all seized up/rusty. The shop who does my alignments said I need a new control arm to adjust the one side.
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!