Rear Sub Woofer

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Abdullah

Hello guys,
I hope everyone is safe and happy.
Today I noticed that my rear trim behind the rear seats was emitting sounds as if the speakers was ripped. And unfortunately it was. Now my first question is, is this a sub woofer ( it's stock )…? My second question is should I replace it with another stock one or get an aftermarket on with the same specs ? Keep in mind that at the moment I can't not replace all the speakers, money is on the low end, so I will only be replace the speaker / sub woofer

Stay safe
Thank you for your time and assistance
Abdullah Mahsud

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
KlutzNinja

I think the sub-woofer is the circular gizmo installed on the ceiling of the trunk of the Kizashis that have the Rockford Fosgate audio system. The speaker behind the seats (and under the rear glass if I’m not mistaken) is probably just a speaker.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
Abdullah

KlutzNinja wrote:I think the sub-woofer is the circular gizmo installed on the ceiling of the trunk of the Kizashis that have the Rockford Fosgate audio system. The speaker behind the seats (and under the rear glass if I’m not mistaken) is probably just a speaker.
This is the one... As you said it on the ceiling of the trunk... Not sure if its a speaker or a sub woofer ImageImage

Woodie

39104-57L00 Just type that part number into google and it should come up with a hundred places to buy it.

It's a 50 watt, 4 ohm subwoofer. Megazip has it for $85, shipping is $30 to the US. That's $115 for a pretty boring subwoofer. You could probably find a better quality equivalent for less money if it doesn't have a Suzuki part # on it.

First thing to do is to unplug it and see if the noise stops. Nest would be to remove the rear deck. Could be the plastic of the deck or the grill rattling, or it could be a loose center cap. The Rockford-Fosgate subwoofers in the very early Kizashis had weak glue holding the center cap on, they all came loose and made a terrible rattling noise. I just removed the deck, found the little plastic cap, and threw it in the trash. I have no idea if this lesser speaker might have the same problem but they're all very similar, just smaller cheaper, or bigger and heavy duty. Certainly worth a look.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Abdullah

Woodie wrote:39104-57L00 Just type that part number into google and it should come up with a hundred places to buy it.

It's a 50 watt, 4 ohm subwoofer. Megazip has it for $85, shipping is $30 to the US. That's $115 for a pretty boring subwoofer. You could probably find a better quality equivalent for less money if it doesn't have a Suzuki part # on it.

First thing to do is to unplug it and see if the noise stops. Nest would be to remove the rear deck. Could be the plastic of the deck or the grill rattling, or it could be a loose center cap. The Rockford-Fosgate subwoofers in the very early Kizashis had weak glue holding the center cap on, they all came loose and made a terrible rattling noise. I just removed the deck, found the little plastic cap, and threw it in the trash. I have no idea if this lesser speaker might have the same problem but they're all very similar, just smaller cheaper, or bigger and heavy duty. Certainly worth a look.
I have zero knowledge of audio systems ( I wanted to clear that first ). So can you tell me what the specs of the stock amp are, if there is on in my car.
Second question is what ohm / watts sub woofer can I fit to my car with adding an amp or replacing the stock one?

LPSISRL

KlutzNinja wrote:I think the sub-woofer is the circular gizmo installed on the ceiling of the trunk of the Kizashis that have the Rockford Fosgate audio system. The speaker behind the seats (and under the rear glass if I’m not mistaken) is probably just a speaker.
Just an FYI - the RF system does not have any speakers except the sub-woofer on the rear deck.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
LPSISRL

If you want to make it as simple as possible, find the RF match and be done with it rather than buying one that has similar specs and then have fitment issues.
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
KlutzNinja

LPSISRL wrote:
Just an FYI - the RF system does not have any speakers except the sub-woofer on the rear deck.
There are speakers behind the rear seats, below the rear glass. Are those in every Kizashi? I just assumed they were part of the RF upgrade.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
Woodie

The RF system has a subwoofer in the middle with a huge magnet that hangs down into the trunk that says Rockford Fosgate on it pretty obviously. The base system has a much smaller subwoofer in the same location, you have to lean into the trunk and look up to see it. That's the one Abdullah posted the picture of above. Both have other grills on the rear deck but there aren't any speakers behind them. I think they're for ventilation.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
LPSISRL

KlutzNinja wrote:
LPSISRL wrote:
There are speakers behind the rear seats, below the rear glass. Are those in every Kizashi? I just assumed they were part of the RF upgrade.
I can't speak for non-RF systems. But for sure, the stock RF that's an option in the GTS and standard on the SLS does not have rear deck speakers except the sub-woofer.
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors: