Oil Leaking on pass side brakes

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
kizashi666

just changed my valve cover gasket which really helped my leaking engine but its still leaking. I always see oil laying on the serpentine belt when inspecting. id guess its the crankcase gasket. just seeing if theres anyone here who might know or if its another common problem. its a 2012 awd with 133k miles.
old tech

The oil pressure switch and the vvti solinoid are right there . Neither are common but thats not to say it cant happen. An other concern is with those miles and oil leaking on the belt tensioner, I have seen where the oil speeds up the failure of the belt tensioner. Search ' cheap fix belt tensioner' for helpful info
Tom Kizzie

Did you tighten with the right amount of newtonmeters? Valve cover gaskets dont need much. They are easily overtightened. You may use a liquid gasket improver. (like a loctite 5922not 100% sure this is for rubber also)
kizashi 6mt black
kizashi666

:facepalm:
pretty sure it was just the oil pressure sensor. my brakes are ruined but they were ready to be replaced. this stupid car lol..I gotta drop the bumper again for headlights. :facepalm:

I already had the belt tensioner replaced with the expensive oem one about 20k miles ago or so. hopefully the belt holds good after having oil spurting all over for a month. I just put on new tires and got rotors coming, I drive very passively ever since the cvt news, like a old grandma so I don't really get that loud whine :facepalm:

Did you tighten with the right amount of newtonmeters? Valve cover gaskets dont need much. They are easily overtightened. You may use a liquid gasket improver. (like a loctite 5922not 100% sure this is for rubber also)

newtonmeters???? omg. no I just sort of 'hand matched' the torque I felt when unscrewing it. i tune drums and its kinda the same concept but I doubt I did a perfect asc job. I just checked the edge there on the gasket and all seems to be fine there.

it looked decent inside for having let it run so low on oil for years honestly lol.