Radio replacement

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Klaa$vaaK

Hello members,

I have bought a new radio, the Kenwood 8020dabs to replace the standard radio.

So I have a few questions for you hope you can answer them:
1) I want to be sure which cables go in to the radio and were are they from/for see picture and can you name the 5 slots.
2) is there a usb adapter cable available which Goes from usb male to the 4pins female?
3) I think slot 4 is the microphone? And is there a cable available that goes to jack?
4) I think slot 5 is antenna, I found a cable but where can I Connect the red wire from that cable?

Sorry for the bad English, hope you can help me out.

Regards Klaa$vaaK
Attachments
AE476701-5C5D-4038-9078-EC39D0E36942.jpeg
SAEED_KIZZY

Hello
you need a wiring harness adaptor to install this HU. it should come with your HU package. something like this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/115344968119?h ... BM8JHpvZlg

usually modern HU comes with a standard USB cable if you want to use car USB connector you have to make an adaptor yourself
Yes, it is for Microphone if your car has this option my car does not.
for the antenna, you need another adaptor
https://www.ebay.com/itm/115299415680?h ... BM8JHpvZlg

I think the RED wire you mentioned is power For the Antena amplifier
Klaa$vaaK

Hello Saeed Kizzy,

I have bought the antenna from the link you send and found a adapter for the usb and a Suzuki to ISO cable.

But the two cables for the subwoofer are not in the harness. So I think if I just buy the harness you send and use the pins and Connect it to a audio tulip connector it wil be perfect.

The mic is installed but i dont want to cut wires and there isnt a adapter for that so I am going to use the standard mic which come with the radio and make a holder from a 3D printer. Place the original mic on the passenger side so I can just leave it in the car and the holder with other mic on driver side.

Is there a GPS antenna in a Kizashi from factory, and if it is, where is it located? Is it next to the center speaker? (See photo)

I have also installed a rear view camera, but where do i install the reverse sensor? Is there a cable in front of the dash with the reverse lamp Harness?
Attachments
1919A7C7-AA1B-460F-9946-D4994108284E.jpeg
1919A7C7-AA1B-460F-9946-D4994108284E.jpeg (75.31 KiB) Viewed 2717 times
SAEED_KIZZY

Hello Klaa$vaaK,
Klaa$vaaK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:18 pm I have bought the antenna from the link you send and found a adapter for the usb and a Suzuki to ISO cable.
But the two cables for the subwoofer are not in the harness. So I think if I just buy the harness you send and use the pins and Connect it to a audio tulip connector it wil be perfect.
(from your last picture)I suppose your car is not equipped with Rockford so you have a simple OE subwoofer.for subwoofer you have 2 options:
Use car wiring harness or install new RC cable wire from HU to the subwoofer. the first choice require some skills for soldering and electronic stuff but the second choice is simpler but require more time to install. tell me which one?
Klaa$vaaK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:18 pm The mic is installed but i dont want to cut wires and there isnt a adapter for that so I am going to use the standard mic which come with the radio and make a holder from a 3D printer. Place the original mic on the passenger side so I can just leave it in the car and the holder with other mic on driver side.
yes I agree it is better to left OE wiring untouched but you have to remove the side trim to route the new cable for Mic I suggest to read the instruction in service manual to do that to avoid any damage to plastic clips. 3D printing is a good choice.
Klaa$vaaK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:18 pm
Is there a GPS antenna in a Kizashi from factory, and if it is, where is it located? Is it next to the center speaker? (See photo)

I have also installed a rear view camera, but where do i install the reverse sensor? Is there a cable in front of the dash with the reverse lamp Harness?
Yes, some models have a Garmin navigation system but your car doesn't. You can use OE GPS location to install yours.
Yes, you have to use the reverse lamp in the back and route new wire for the reverse sense circuit. but some AV cable have one extra wire for reverse lamp circuit signal.
Klaa$vaaK

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:23 pm Hello Klaa$vaaK,
Klaa$vaaK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:18 pm I have bought the antenna from the link you send and found a adapter for the usb and a Suzuki to ISO cable.
(from your last picture)I suppose your car is not equipped with Rockford so you have a simple OE subwoofer.for subwoofer you have 2 options:
Use car wiring harness or install new RC cable wire from HU to the subwoofer. the first choice require some skills for soldering and electronic stuff but the second choice is simpler but require more time to install. tell me which one?
Klaa$vaaK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:18 pm The mic is installed but i dont want to cut wires and there isnt a adapter for that so I am going to use the standard mic which come with the radio and make a holder from a 3D printer. Place the original mic on the passenger side so I can just leave it in the car and the holder with other mic on driver side.
yes I agree it is better to left OE wiring untouched but you have to remove the side trim to route the new cable for Mic I suggest to read the instruction in service manual to do that to avoid any damage to plastic clips. 3D printing is a good choice.
Klaa$vaaK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:18 pm

Yes, some models have a Garmin navigation system but your car doesn't. You can use OE GPS location to install yours.
Yes, you have to use the reverse lamp in the back and route new wire for the reverse sense circuit. but some AV cable have one extra wire for reverse lamp circuit signal.
Hello,

Its been a while but I have tried to connect the sub to the headunit but doesn’t work. So I need the second choice.

I am working on another option for the microphone. I have removed the socket from the oem radio. And I am going to solder this so I can use the original microphone. Hope it will work.

Another question, can I use the oem window antenna for dab+? There are splitters on the market.

Regards,
KlaasvaaK
SAEED_KIZZY

I am working on another option for the microphone. I have removed the socket from the oem radio. And I am going to solder this so I can use the original microphone. Hope it will work.
I suggest not doing that Kizashi use 3 wire interface to the microphone(VCC+signal+GND) but most microphone use 2 wire(signal+GND) I installed mine on the instrument cluster with good voice quality. and keep OE wiring untouched.
Another question, can I use the oem window antenna for dab+? There are splitters on the market.
No, I don't think you can do that.
Klaa$vaaK

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:49 am
I suggest not doing that Kizashi use 3 wire interface to the microphone(VCC+signal+GND) but most microphone use 2 wire(signal+GND) I installed mine on the instrument cluster with good voice quality. and keep OE wiring untouched.
No, I don't think you can do that.
Hello Saeed Kizzy,

You mentioned an option to get the oem sub to work but that just doesn’t work. I think with a aftermarket radio you need a amplifier for the sub.

The thing is, the oem sub just had two wires from the back to the front and directly in the oem radio. Is there another option than a amplifier for the sub to work?

I just want the factory sub to work I know its not much but fine with me. If I buy a mono amplifier for a 40 dollar sub, then I am thinking of just renew the whole system 🙈

KlaasvaaK
SAEED_KIZZY

@Klaa$vaaK Yes, you can do that. OE subwoofer is a very low-powered one I think right around 75W rms power. at this power level, you can use a nono amplifier but you need to do the wiring. You can see my posts at viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4724 I've done a bunch of modifications to my car maybe it helps.
Klaa$vaaK

Omg Saeed,

I just read the whole topic. You did some modifications to the audio system 🙈. This is what i want. The oem amplifier in my aftermarket radio.

Can you tell me what I have to do with wiring? The rf amp has 10 channels for all 10 speakers? I think its a hell of a job to get it to the original rf configuration 😬
SAEED_KIZZY

why do you need an OE amplifier? Kizashi audio system comes with 2 setups with or without Rockford sound system. Based on your HU picture your car does not have Rockford so you do not need OE amplifier. you just need a simple 100W mono amp to drive your subwoofer.