AWD Suzuki Kizashi error code C1250

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Piotr

Hey, my car is a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi with 4x4 drive automatic transmission. Recently, I've been having a problem with an indicator light appearing from time to time to symbolize an AWD system failure. The problem is selective - i.e., one day the error appears and the next day it does not. I connected the car to the diagnostic scanner and the error C1250 appeared. Have any of you had a similar problem u managed to solve it?
old tech

Yes I’ve had this. It was right after they did the campaign for the gas tank in the air temperature sensor that’s on top of the rear differential was subjected to a bit of bumping by the gas tank and it broke off the switch. There is already an existing problem with these where they get corroded right at the connector anyway. This temperature sensor is kind of expensive from Suzuki and it’s probably not the only piece you need. you probably will need the connector that’s plugging into it also I have both pieces if you’re interested if you’re in the states here I can send it to you will be 50 bucks with shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Piotr

Hey, I'm from Europe :) can you help me and write the factory number of this sensor? Or send a picture?
old tech

I can’t seem to find this part on the online websites but here’s a picture of it and it is located on top of the rear differential right hand side facing straight up.
The Suzuki SX4 awd uses this same part. A 4K ohm resistor could be put in its place to fool the computer of a believable temperature.

old tech

After further research, I found part number on the side of the sensor to be correct but I could make out one digit. The Suzuki no. is 13650-56b00 for $100-$140. Punch that same no. into ebay and you can get a copy sensor for $18. it turns out Suzuki used this same part back in the 90s as an intake air temp sensor on the trackers, side kicks, x-90. Maybe you can fix up your plug in connector.
Piotr

Thank you so much for your reply and all your guidance. I will take care of the failure in the near future and will report on the results.
harryyy

Piotr wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:29 pm Hey, my car is a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi with 4x4 drive automatic transmission. Recently, I've been having a problem with an indicator light appearing from time to time to symbolize an AWD system failure. The problem is selective - i.e., one day the error appears and the next day it does not. I connected the car to the diagnostic scanner and the error C1250 appeared. Have any of you had a similar problem u managed to solve it?
Thank you for your response! I apologize for the confusion about trash schedules, it seems I mentioned it by mistake. Regarding the issue with my 2011 Suzuki Kizashi, I've been experiencing an intermittent AWD system failure. The indicator light appears sometimes and disappears on other days. When I connected the car to a diagnostic scanner, it showed the error code C1250. I'm reaching out to see if anyone has encountered a similar problem and found a solution. Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
old tech

Yes I have. Your 4wd coupling air temp sensor is rotted right at the connector. It is mounted straight up just in front of the rear diff. You can fool it with a 4k ohm resistor or you get another sensor and pig tail. I have both items in perfect shape for $50 shipped to you are in US. The same sensor was used in the air intake of a 98 tracker or Vitara.
peeam

Do you still have the pigtail connector ?
Thanks
old tech

peeam wrote:Do you still have the pigtail connector ?
Thanks
Sure