grinding the gearbox

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
sabkosalam

Is it just me or folks have noticed that the Kizashi gears (manual transmission) don't engage properly all the time. You'll have to release and press the clutch again and then put the car in gear. Happens mostly with me when I am at a standstill and try to put it in reverse or the first gear.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Manual GTS Sport-Metallic Silver
hocaspocas

If I were you I would take it to the dealer to have this checked out. It sound like your clutch is not working properly. Sometimes due to low clutch liquid. I have a manual transmission and I feel is the best manual trans I ever tried. The only think I dont like is when i enter reverse the car moves faster than I would expected.
rocket_man

you have defiantly done something to your gearbox. mine is just so sweet I love it, all
these gears (6) to choose from plus great fuel economy. I love this car!
Mods: Cat Back, Under Drive Pulley, Strut Tower brace, K&N Filter, Sony Xplode 6 1/2 4 way speakers in rear, blacked out S in front grill, American Racing Alloys.
sj85

I used to have difficulty slotting the gears in peak winter last time around. First thing, it would not go into reverse completely and end up grinding. I used have to push it in again. After that until the gear oil heated up, putting it into gear was slightly more laborious than usual. But that used to smoothen out once the car got up to operating temperature.
I did mention this to my service guy, what he said was the gear lever is cable operated, so if I have difficulty slotting it into reverse, just slot it into first and it will go in reverse in second try. This method has worked for me.
During the summer I have had no problems with that, may be once in a month i have to do first gear and then reverse as it will not slide into reverse in first try.
But other than that, this is one smooth 6 speed gearbox. Better than one many others that i have driven, its effortless and precise, though the throws could have been shorter (for its Sport badge).

Combined 18K miles in my 2010 and 2011 and I have to say, I am loving it. I am getting on average 29 - 31 mpg on every tank. Can't complain.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport MT :-D
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS 6 MT :-D
2002 Hyundai Sonata Auto :-)
2008 Suzuki Swift Zxi (in Asia) :-D
2002 Suzuki Zen Vxi (in Asia) :-D
jute2003

Hey, I'm not sure if the Kizashi manual transmissions are the same in this aspect as the sx4's. If they are, you car is operating normally. Reverse in the sx4 has no synchros.
This thread on the sx4 forum explains whats going on pretty well.
http://clubsx4.com/forum/showthread.php ... ft+reverse