Push Start Button - Engine Cranks for at least 10 seconds?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
S-men2011

I have the same issue few days after the initial delivery (2011 SLS Sport AWD ).
Only thing I noticed that I did differently was stepping on the brake pedal lightly (half way) during the engine start. Engine cranked for 10 seconds :shock: !
After that incident, I always depress the brake pedal all the way (floor it) before pressing the engine start button.
I think if brake pedal is not depress all the way, it will not supply fuel to the engine or something in the electronic control system prevent the vehicle from starting.
I never had that issue since (5 months - 4k miles).
~tc~

2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
hocaspocas

Why we have to pay for information?
~tc~

If you want it online.

Take the number into your dealer and they'll give it to you for free.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
mysuzyK

my 2010 SE has done this too, I think? I pressed start and break pedal
to fast or not pressed hard enough? (you know jump in and go..) but if I start over it starts
normally and quickly.? like (S-men) has stated.
themeat424

So if a TSB is out, what do they say the cause is?
pmw1213

OK guys maybe a fix to the problem, I have a 2011SE with less than 7000 miles on her. had the cranking problem also, and had it stop on the road all the lights on dash went nuts. Wait it started again seemed ok but it stopped. The tire pressure sensor lights showed while driving for 2 days but tires were good before it stopped, went nuts again. Had it towed to dealer they couldn't figure what was wrong, ythey checked drove it and checked out ok, till the service guy Rihcard drove and it finally stopped and went nuts again. So back to shop sratching heads, while running he touched the fuse box and it stopped, ^&*#%(), they dug deeper and found that the cable under the fuse box in engine area was loose, they tighten it up and everything worked great had no problem since, it took them 7 days to find it by accident. They did a great job did't cost me a dime and gave me a new loaned to drive while being fixed. Can't say enough for them, this is my 5th Suzuki and this was first crazy problem ever. Hope maybe this might be a fix for ya, have the dealer check it out.
pmw1213

OK guys maybe a fix to the problem, I have a 2011SE with less than 7000 miles on her. had the cranking problem also, and had it stop on the road all the lights on dash went nuts. Wait it started again seemed ok but it stopped. The tire pressure sensor lights showed while driving for 2 days but tires were good before it stopped, went nuts again. Had it towed to dealer they couldn't figure what was wrong, ythey checked drove it and checked out ok, till the service guy Rihcard drove and it finally stopped and went nuts again. So back to shop sratching heads, while running he touched the fuse box and it stopped, ^&*#%(), they dug deeper and found that the cable under the fuse box in engine area was loose, they tighten it up and everything worked great had no problem since, it took them 7 days to find it by accident. They did a great job did't cost me a dime and gave me a new loaned to drive while being fixed. Can't say enough for them, this is my 5th Suzuki and this was first crazy problem ever. Hope maybe this might be a fix for ya, have the dealer check it out.
CpBizz

Hey everyone..... Sooo had anyone gotten to the bottom of this? I just purchased a 2011 kizzy and it drives like a dream. However this 5 to 10 seconds crank deal is super embarrassing. I bought it used and it only started doing this a few days after I bought it. I asked the previous owners if and when spark plugs were changed and other basic starting issue possibilities. All that stuff checks out . Help me please! I want to keep this car running perfect! Thanks in advance hope you all pull through for me!
bootymac

CpBizz wrote:Hey everyone..... Sooo had anyone gotten to the bottom of this? I just purchased a 2011 kizzy and it drives like a dream. However this 5 to 10 seconds crank deal is super embarrassing. I bought it used and it only started doing this a few days after I bought it. I asked the previous owners if and when spark plugs were changed and other basic starting issue possibilities. All that stuff checks out . Help me please! I want to keep this car running perfect! Thanks in advance hope you all pull through for me!
Check to see if this TSB applies

http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 205#p10205