Check Oil Level on New Kizashi

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
brantcook

The new Kizashi engine is a 2.4 L, as is the Grand Vitara. However, the Kizashi requires only 4.8 qts while the Grand Vitara requires 5.5 quarts. My new Kizashi arrived with too much oil. After talking to the dealer it was discovered that the technician mistakenly assumed that the Kizashi requires the same amount of oil as the Grand Vitara. Since this is such an easy mistake to make I strongly suggest everyone check their oil level. If it is above the top hole, take it in and get some oil removed. Too much oil can be almost as harmful to an engine as too little oil.
adamaoc

good point!

I bet that is a common mistake.
Moto
Site Admin

How many other kizashies did your dealer have? Those people would be the first to call.

I didn't realize they took different amounts of oil that will likely be happening all over the country.
TOM JONES

brantcook wrote:The new Kizashi engine is a 2.4 L, as is the Grand Vitara. However, the Kizashi requires only 4.8 qts while the Grand Vitara requires 5.5 quarts. My new Kizashi arrived with too much oil. After talking to the dealer it was discovered that the technician mistakenly assumed that the Kizashi requires the same amount of oil as the Grand Vitara. Since this is such an easy mistake to make I strongly suggest everyone check their oil level. If it is above the top hole, take it in and get some oil removed. Too much oil can be almost as harmful to an engine as too little oil.
I checked my oil the next day that I got the car and mine was right on..To much oil in a car will blow your gaskets and you'll have oil leaks galore..Good thing you caught that.
DeepSea

Checked mine. It was fine :)