Paint Issues

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
mechrider89

leeza2 wrote:
rocket_man wrote:yes they have found the problem with paint chipping, its caused by TAILGATING, that
of being too close to the car in front of you. My car has 3000 miles on it and not a single paint chip anywhere because I DONT TAILGATE!

You just happen to have had someone do a good job at the factory, you never wash your car yourself and/or your vision is poor! The 2011 Kizashi I have has 5k miles and has a 1000x more chips than my 2 VW did at 100k mile, put together; driven under the same exact conditions. They say put a protective film from 3m on it, that is BS. They need to really evaluate the paint quality and DO something about it.
I told suzuki to that I have a 24 year old car that has 10x's the mileage and less chips, they told me take it to a certified dealer and get an inspection done on it. But my dealer people say I'm tailgating even though I'm not. They pointed to the chips on my windshield and said "proof" and I was like "cant help rock's flying at me by a passing semi can I???!!"
sciraddo

I'm having paint issues at 3000 kilometers. When I finally took my car in for the first oil change at 5000 kilometers, I asked the salesman if there was an issue with their paint and he told me to talk to the service department. The service manager came out to look at my car and said, "yup, it's caused by flying rocks". No kidding Sherlock!! I told him the paint looked really thin and he told me to buy a plastic hood deflector.

It appears there is a paint issue, so how do I get Suzuki to fix this problem. I live in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

I've owned 13 VW's and none has had paint issues like this.

Anyone here light a fire under Suzuki's ass?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
leeza2

kskizashi wrote:My 2010 is going in for a complete repaint. The issue isn't tailgating and the solution isn't to 3M coat the entire car, it's the paint only being half as thick as it should be. Body shop manager showed me the gauge on 3 different places on my Kizashi, 2-4 mils thick. Did the same to a Pacifica and on that car it was 8-10 mils thick. I called it into Suzuki when I had 3,500 miles on the car and now with just under 8K on it the entire car is getting repainted under warranty courtesy or Suzuki USA.

Hi-I have the silver 2011 and Suzukli claims that this is NOT a color they have a problem with. I have had chips everywhere on the front and some other areas, since I picked the new car up from the dealer. They claim that there are "impact marks" and that the grill (cheap plastic) is "clearly due to stones". I would like to know how you drive on a highway at 60-80 mph and NOT have an anything fly at the car, including small "stones" from pickups, trucks and other cars-IMPOSSIBLE, unless you leave the car in the garage.

So I too had the paint thickness (or rather in this case, the thinness) checked, which also was 2-4 mils. The Dodge in the body shop had no less than 5 mils. As I stated before my other cars with well over 100k each had less chips combined driven on the same paved highway over 5 years.

So how did you get them to paint the car?? I made a claim at 8k miles, but I would have done it sooner if I did not think it was my fault/imagination. LOOKS like those of us who are getting the run around should ALL FILE IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT.Since the burden of proof and cost to file are minimal and in most states it will be enough to cover the paint job. Look at the Honda gas milage case-easily won the case and I am sure the attorney costs will be a problem for Suzuki if we all file.
leeza2

ladyhotsauce wrote:New to the forum, didn't see a post on this, but might have missed it.

Is anyone else having the issue with the pitting of the paint and deteriorating of the clear coat? My 2010 GTS has some major clear coat issues. I am thinking about having another clear coat applied, but only becauase that is the only soloution I can come up with. Any help would be great!

Please read my previoius post-yes there is a problem with the paint job. Mine is a 2011 platinum silver, which had paint damage the day I picked up my new car from the dealer. Suzuki is refusing to do anything about it. I called customer service but the Rep for the NE is refusing the claim and I was told there is no one above him to make that decision. Please have the paint thickness checked at a body shop-mine was 2-4 mils, which is not enough to prevent damage from flying debris, especially 2 mils on the hood which takes the brunt of the debris. The standard is around 6 mils minimal-2 mils each for primer, paint and clear coat. So my plan is to get the estimates for repainting and facts, write a letter to their coorporate legal department in California and if no acceptable results-file in small claims court-good luck
jj351

I have a 2010 model and noticed the same problem. As I live in Australia , does anyone in Australia have the problem and if so , please advise on what action to take . The chips are at very unusual places and are not caused by small stones or any thing else . Please help....