Paint Issues

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
ladyhotsauce

New to the forum, didn't see a post on this, but might have missed it.

Is anyone else having the issue with the pitting of the paint and deteriorating of the clear coat? My 2010 GTS has some major clear coat issues. I am thinking about having another clear coat applied, but only becauase that is the only soloution I can come up with. Any help would be great!
rocket_man

yes they have found the problem with paint chipping, its caused by TAILGATING, that
of being too close to the car in front of you. My car has 3000 miles on it and not a single paint chip anywhere because I DONT TAILGATE!
Mods: Cat Back, Under Drive Pulley, Strut Tower brace, K&N Filter, Sony Xplode 6 1/2 4 way speakers in rear, blacked out S in front grill, American Racing Alloys.
ladyhotsauce

Yah, you're ignorant response does not explain the chipping on my rear fenders, doors or bumper... you don't have anything better to do than make unfounded assumptions on the internet? Why even waste both of our time with such immaturity? Get a job, loser.
jute2003

It is an issue despite what Mr. Rocket claims. A lot of newer vehicles have pretty crappy paint. There is a thread somewhere around here that chronicles the issues kizashi owners have had. I know sx4 owners had the same complaints with their paint as well(own one of those also). My only advice, Get your paint touched up and than have that 3M clear protectant stuff applied in the trouble spots.

ps, Its not solely a Suzuki thing. Other makes have similar issues. I've heard some stuff about Environmental regulations effecting the paint quality. That and manufacturers looking for any means possible to save a buck is probably the major culprits
kskizashi

My 2010 is going in for a complete repaint. The issue isn't tailgating and the solution isn't to 3M coat the entire car, it's the paint only being half as thick as it should be. Body shop manager showed me the gauge on 3 different places on my Kizashi, 2-4 mils thick. Did the same to a Pacifica and on that car it was 8-10 mils thick. I called it into Suzuki when I had 3,500 miles on the car and now with just under 8K on it the entire car is getting repainted under warranty courtesy or Suzuki USA.
2010 Kizashi GTS AWD Vivid Red
ladyhotsauce

Thanks. I'm going to try to call Suzuki also. I'm very hopeful now, since we have the exact same cars :). Do you have the number you used to reach Suzuki? I found one online, but maybe if I call the same one you did, it'll improve my chances on getting it covered under warranty...
glh44026

My entire car ( 11 months old 13K miles ) is covered with rust spots.
Suzuki ran and hid from this until I bombarded them on facebook for a month.
They are repainting my car entirely and restting the rust warranty.

There is a problem with the paint , period
MrMayhem4

I just got issued a new paint job from Suzuki...bought my SLS Kizashi in July 2011. Chips everywhere!
leeza2

rocket_man wrote:yes they have found the problem with paint chipping, its caused by TAILGATING, that
of being too close to the car in front of you. My car has 3000 miles on it and not a single paint chip anywhere because I DONT TAILGATE!

You just happen to have had someone do a good job at the factory, you never wash your car yourself and/or your vision is poor! The 2011 Kizashi I have has 5k miles and has a 1000x more chips than my 2 VW did at 100k mile, put together; driven under the same exact conditions. They say put a protective film from 3m on it, that is BS. They need to really evaluate the paint quality and DO something about it.
Trailboss

I wonder if certain colors are more prone to having this problem?Image

If anyone has pictures of the issues they are having, I would like to see what the chips look like...