overinflating tires causea "TMPS" service light to come on

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
rocket_man

so i went through the routine of adding air to my tires 2 days ago cause the orange TPMS warning went off and since I didnt know which wheel was low I just started filling the tires up with air. So today all was good until about 15 minutes of being on the highway when the "Service TPMS" light came on. So I am thinking I will turn car off then start it and that will clear the light. Nope, start the car and there the warning light is. So I got to my dads and thought I would re-set the computer by disconnecting the negative battery cable for a couple of minutes. Nope that didnt fix it. Dad had a spare gauge he gave me and the tires were inflated to around 42lbs! :) LOL

So I deflated the tires to 32psi and then that cleared the service "TPMS Light", once things were right the Kizashi was happy! LOL

I really wish the TPMS would tell me which tire was low and needed air. But since the brakes on my car are so strong they impress me over n over each time I drive, I can over look this minor nuisance. And the brakes on my car are super touchy cold. I think I could send someone into the windshield with them.
Mods: Cat Back, Under Drive Pulley, Strut Tower brace, K&N Filter, Sony Xplode 6 1/2 4 way speakers in rear, blacked out S in front grill, American Racing Alloys.
~tc~

Um, a tire pressure gage is <$5. You will easily save that in fuel by makin sure they aren't underinflated

You don't need a digital talking one!
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
rocket_man

i dont need a tire gauge cause i have TPMS. I just need to know which tire is low. or whatever........I just wanted peeps to know what could cause the TPMS service light to come on.
Mods: Cat Back, Under Drive Pulley, Strut Tower brace, K&N Filter, Sony Xplode 6 1/2 4 way speakers in rear, blacked out S in front grill, American Racing Alloys.