Delay between songs (USB)

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
klement

Hi,

I'm experiencing an annoying issue ... when playing a folder from USB stick, there is always a delay between songs. On most albums, this is not an issue, but if the album is for example a trance mix, where the beginning of next song is already mixed with the end of the previous one, then the delay is annoying.

Does anyone know if this delay can somehow be avoided?

Thanks!
AlexRuiz

Hi there. Welcome to the forums!
What is the bitrate of the songs in that folder?
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
will2k

Don't know if you can change the delay.

Only solution i would have is to use a program like "goldwave" which is free and add all the songs in order then save it as 1 single mp3 file.

I guess you wont be able to skip through songs but you could always fast forward.
MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube
klement

It's 256 kbps, 44 kHz (joint stereo). Not sure how this would or could affect the player in any way ...
naviguy

klement wrote:Hi,

I'm experiencing an annoying issue ... when playing a folder from USB stick, there is always a delay between songs. On most albums, this is not an issue, but if the album is for example a trance mix, where the beginning of next song is already mixed with the end of the previous one, then the delay is annoying.

Does anyone know if this delay can somehow be avoided?

Thanks!

In all Manufacturers devices, including PC and Mac's, I have seen that different brands, and different size USB Sticks have different performance... In other words. let's say you had an off brand (Memory Full)16GB stick... versus a SanDisk 8GB with only a few songs on it, the San Disk would have a milisecond delay, whereas the Full 16GB offname might have 1.5 second delay...

Try a San Disk or other brand name, smaller, less full drive, and see how it is.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS - Red - CVT
Rockford System with Kenwood Navi
Rear 'Suzuki' and 'Kizashi' Badges Removed
klement

Well it seems that the USB MP3 player in Kizashi is, sadly, one of the cheapest, crappiest things (I'm not talking about the audio system hooked to the player, which I consider pretty decent).

Apart from not being to sort songs, which only the most limited players are unable to do, it seems like processing the mp3 header and starting the stream takes a while.

What I did was I used mp3wrap to combine the mp3 files into one single mp3 file. The way this works is basically the same as concatenating the files into one file. This is supported and perfectly playable. And, of course, this rules out the possible USB stick/filesystem problems, since the player is reading just one big single file.

Guess what? The delay is there, when reading the header of the 2nd, 3rd etc "sub-"song.

So the only solution is probably to re-encode the entire album into one song.
Neipas09

unless suzuki comes out with some kind of firmware update for the head unit then you just have to live with it.
it lags due to a shitty head unit with crap software/firmware.
if it's really that big of a problem then fork out the cash for an aftermarket stereo that doesn't have these problems.
eatrocks

i wish it just had a 1/8" input.....
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza