Random Play Order with iPhone

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
mad77

Hi all

When I connect my iPhone to the USB port to play music and select an album from the head unit, the album will play in a random order rather than the standard album order, ie, song 1, song 2 etc.

If i select the album to play from my iPhone prior to plugging in the iPhone to the USB port the album plays in the correct order. Has anyone experienced this and if so any suggestions on how to fix this?

Cheers
Sir WASD

When you start playing from the radio it goes alphabetically. Start playing from phone or rename your songs so that the first character represents its album order. Ex: 1. Hells Bells 2. Shoot to Thrill 3.What you do for the Money Honey 4.Given the Dog a Bone etc... will play in correct order either way because 1 is before 2. without the numbers "Given the Dog a Bone" will play first because "G" is before "H"
PA-Mark

I noticed the same type of problems with my iTouch when plugged into the USB port. What I did to be able to control songs, playlist etc while playing through the car stereo was to use the blue tooth connection. If you have paired your phone and audio already, you need to delete that pairing, re-pair the phone using "phone only" option. I lucked out with the cell phone car charger, it also had a USB port that the itouch can be plugged into to charge while playing out the car stereo via blue tooth.
Neipas09

I downloaded 2 months worth of Adam Carolla podcasts to my iPod Touch and it did the same thing.
Even though they show and play in the correct order of oldest to newest on my iPod, once i plug it into the kizashi it fucks it all up and plays it alphabetically.
Only way to get around this was to alter the ID3 tags to change the title of mp3 to the date before the guest name (2012.02.24 - Name).