TSB SI-0007 WHEEL ALIGNMENT SPECS

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
smsmart

bootymac wrote:You started having handling issues after an alignment right? Has anyone actually inspected the suspension? I'm wondering if something has failed
The dealer? Haha. They supposedly checked the suspension when I brought the car in several months ago to check on creaks both in the front and back of the car. They claimed that everything looked fine and that they didn't hear anything so all they did was lube the rear sway bar. This was back when I was still under bumper-to-bumper warranty.

At this point I'm out of warranty, so I don't know who'd I take it to. Personally I don't really know what to look for, but I do wonder whether there is something up with the suspension...so far I've eliminated alignment and the tires as being culprits, which leaves the suspension components and/or the power steering. With the suspension, since one point or another I've felt like it's been a bit harsh up-front-- as in I feel like it doesn't soak up potholes as well as it should and is a bit loud and hard. Although I don't know if it's actually a problem or if it's just a characteristic of the car.
KuroNekko wrote:About the "carving": do you have the RRM rear sway bar on your Kizashi? If not, you may want to get it. It really does improve the handling, especially the "carving" in corners. I was skeptical at first on how much it would improve the handling, but I must say I noticed the difference after installing it.
No, everything on my car is stock. I've been hesitant to make any mods to the car since it's been on warranty the whole time, but now that I'm out of the bumper-to-bumper, I think I'd be more open to doing stuff. But like bootymac alluded to, I'm wondering if the issue is more to do with a suspension component going bad than needing a swaybar upgrade. To be honest, I was really content with how the car handled prior to the alignment that essentially screwed everything up.
KuroNekko

Did you get it aligned to correct the factory alignment issue? When I did, my handling improved.
Maybe you may want to get the alignment re-checked by a reputable alignment shop. I'd do this especially if you got new tires since getting the alignment done.

If you are out of warranty, get the rear sway bar. In fact, I put mine on before my warranty was up. When my rear shocks went out due to the faulty bump stopper issue, I removed my RRM bar, re-installed my stock bar, and took it in. I did this just in case they tried to void my warranty even though the problem was totally unrelated to the sway bar.
After they fixed it under warranty, I re-installed the RRM bar.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

smsmart wrote:With the suspension, since one point or another I've felt like it's been a bit harsh up-front-- as in I feel like it doesn't soak up potholes as well as it should and is a bit loud and hard. Although I don't know if it's actually a problem or if it's just a characteristic of the car.
I thought that about our sls sport (and probably will again once the 18s are back on). It's a very, very tight suspension to the point of being harsh, but I think that's because of the 18s mainly. With the winter tires on, the rough ride definitely calmed down, but I miss the handling. I'll take a stiff suspension anyday, even if it's rough.
murcod

SamirD wrote:
smsmart wrote:With the suspension, since one point or another I've felt like it's been a bit harsh up-front-- as in I feel like it doesn't soak up potholes as well as it should and is a bit loud and hard. Although I don't know if it's actually a problem or if it's just a characteristic of the car.
I thought that about our sls sport (and probably will again once the 18s are back on). It's a very, very tight suspension to the point of being harsh, but I think that's because of the 18s mainly. With the winter tires on, the rough ride definitely calmed down, but I miss the handling. I'll take a stiff suspension anyday, even if it's rough.
That's why I stuck with 17" rims when I went for aftermarket alloys (17x8" with 235/50R17 tyres.) I've got the width of the 18" tyre but without the low sidewall. It's the best compromise between ride and handling if you drive on anything but super smooth roads.

PS: Don't forget winter tyres will never handle nicely like a proper "summer" high performance tyre of the same size.
David
SamirD

murcod wrote:
SamirD wrote:
That's why I stuck with 17" rims when I went for aftermarket alloys (17x8" with 235/50R17 tyres.) I've got the width of the 18" tyre but without the low sidewall. It's the best compromise between ride and handling if you drive on anything but super smooth roads.

PS: Don't forget winter tyres will never handle nicely like a proper "summer" high performance tyre of the same size.
I actually prefer 17s vs 18s. All my other sedans either have stock wheels or 17s. Only the Porsche has 18s from the factory and they ride like 17s. The 19s on the same model was pretty harsh like the Kizashi.

And you're definitely right about the ride on winter tires. I really need to get these off now that there's no chance of snow. They're definitely out of their element, slipping even on hard straightline braking. :oops:
steveyoshi

Kelevra wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:49 am Does this apply to the 2013 Kizashi's as well?
Did you get a response... ?
Can anyone else assist... ?

I have a 2013 Kizashi FWD, with 6 Speed Manual not that this matters... has been lowered with Pedders Red Springs (Based in Australia) and has 19" Rims and was just trying to locate factory Wheel Alignment Specs.

The attachment on this thread appears to only relate to AWD, which may or may not be the same.

Cheers

Stephen
KuroNekko

steveyoshi wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:33 pm
Kelevra wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:49 am Does this apply to the 2013 Kizashi's as well?
Did you get a response... ?
Can anyone else assist... ?

I have a 2013 Kizashi FWD, with 6 Speed Manual not that this matters... has been lowered with Pedders Red Springs (Based in Australia) and has 19" Rims and was just trying to locate factory Wheel Alignment Specs.

The attachment on this thread appears to only relate to AWD, which may or may not be the same.

Cheers

Stephen
On one of my last posts in this thread, I uploaded my spec sheet for an alignment I had done. This spec sheet is for the updated alignment specs as the original factory settings were revised by Suzuki. My car is a 2011 Kizashi Sport FWD 6 speed manual with the factory 18 inch sport wheels. I think my alignment specs are as relevant to your car as it gets.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)