TSB SI-0007 WHEEL ALIGNMENT SPECS

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Ronzuki

smsmart wrote:You know, when I'm thinking about it...is there any real point to these TSB specs? Unless you happen to run into a shop that doesn't have their alignment software updated?
Early on when the TSB came out, yes. The zuk dealer didn't have them in their rack yet. Now, anyone worth their salt has their equipment updated.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

Sorry for the delay on scanning in the documents.
Below is my alignment data sheet and the Suzuki Info Bulletin specs.
The mechanic wrote on the sheet that he thought maybe the damage under the car to the cross-member put the car out of alignment (from when I ran over a parking block hidden under the snow), but my alignment issue and uneven tire wear long preexisted the damage because of the incorrect factory alignment.
Alignment0001.jpg
Alignment0001.jpg (277.75 KiB) Viewed 6318 times
Specs0001.jpg
Specs0001.jpg (154.21 KiB) Viewed 6318 times
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

Looks like the specs on their system are correct (as expected)
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:Looks like the specs on their system are correct (as expected)
Yup. Glad they were.
It looks like the alignment issue is really with the toe angle of the front wheels.
bootymac

KuroNekko wrote:
Yup. Glad they were.
It looks like the alignment issue is really with the toe angle of the front wheels.
The corrected toe will help with handling a lot. I'm curious if it was like that from the factory, or if the parking block knocked it out of spec.
Camber seems a bit excessive but still within specs...
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:
Yup. Glad they were.
The corrected toe will help with handling a lot. I'm curious if it was like that from the factory, or if the parking block knocked it out of spec.
Camber seems a bit excessive but still within specs...
I'm sure this is because of the factory setting. Nearly everyone with the alignment issue states their front wheels wear excessively on the insides. If you see them on the rear, it was probably from tire rotation (in my case and noted by a few others).
I hit the parking block only about 2 months ago, but noticed the uneven wear starting long before.

It would be good if others who get their alignment fixed ask for the print-out and scan it in here.

The handling is better now with the alignment corrected.
SamirD

Thank you for the update! Very interesting that the front alignment issues are starting to get nailed down to toe. Toe can get out of whack pretty easily too. :(
smsmart

So about a week ago I finally got new tires on my Kizashi...a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's.

There's definitely an improvement to the handling and quietness compared to the old Dunlop's, and the car does feel a bit more "glued" to the road and smooth than previously. But, I still feel like the problem with the steering that I've had is still there--the steering still feels a bit loose going over bumps compared to when I bought the car new. And the steering hasn't gone back to giving me that feeling of "carving" through turns that it used to have.

All in all though it was a good purchase, since the ride quality has improved a significant amount compared to the old tires.
KuroNekko

smsmart wrote:So about a week ago I finally got new tires on my Kizashi...a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's.

There's definitely an improvement to the handling and quietness compared to the old Dunlop's, and the car does feel a bit more "glued" to the road and smooth than previously. But, I still feel like the problem with the steering that I've had is still there--the steering still feels a bit loose going over bumps compared to when I bought the car new. And the steering hasn't gone back to giving me that feeling of "carving" through turns that it used to have.

All in all though it was a good purchase, since the ride quality has improved a significant amount compared to the old tires.
Good to hear that the new tires improved the ride quality. I know mine has diminished considerably as my Dunlops wore rapidly.

About the "carving": do you have the RRM rear sway bar on your Kizashi? If not, you may want to get it. It really does improve the handling, especially the "carving" in corners. I was skeptical at first on how much it would improve the handling, but I must say I noticed the difference after installing it.
bootymac

smsmart wrote:So about a week ago I finally got new tires on my Kizashi...a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's.

You started having handling issues after an alignment right? Has anyone actually inspected the suspension? I'm wondering if something has failed