TSB SI-0007 WHEEL ALIGNMENT SPECS

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
bootymac

Suzuki was going for the stanced look
~tc~

Alignment and tire wear can indeed be a circular proposition ... The alignment messes up the tires, fix the alignment, problem still there because the tires are messed up ... Hard to say if it's fixed until the tires are replaced.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:Suzuki was going for the stanced look

This is a fake picture. It's a render of a stock Kizashi photo from an auto magazine.
Nonetheless, stanced Kizashi!
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

Nice.

Looks stupid AND doesn't work very well.

This is analogous to the pants hanging low exposing your butt crack.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:Nice.

I don't get it either, but it can get much more extreme in both cases. Coincidentally, both stancing and sagging result in poor ability to run well, especially from the police.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:
bootymac wrote:Suzuki was going for the stanced look

This is a fake picture. It's a render of a stock Kizashi photo from an auto magazine.
Nonetheless, stanced Kizashi!
It's crazy how photorealistic renderings can be these days. :o
SamirD

Woodie wrote:Nice.

My inner circle of enthusiasts call it UTM--the Unsafe Tire Mod. :lol:
smsmart

I should mention that I'm also experiencing tire wear on the inside of the tires, which on confirmation from the alignment tech stems from the car's alignment. The tech pretty much said that with the way the car's alignment is setup, the rear tires are going to wear a lot more on the inside than the front's, and looking at the alignment specs it makes sense given that the rear has more camber than the front.

Actually, one of the first things I noticed about the car when I first bought it is the rear camber...I thought it looked really cool because it gives the car that "sporty" look :lol:

What's also interesting is that the tech mentioned that the rear alignment is fully adjustable, whereas on the front only the toe is adjustable. I'm no alignment expert so I don't know how much truth there is to that or what implications it has, but it was interesting to learn.

Anyway, I'm going to start looking at new tire options so that I can eliminate the tires as the cause of my steering issues. With about 1,200 miles left on warranty, I don't have a lot of time left to figure out if there is anything more major at fault here. This steering problem is by far the distressing thing about the car for me...it's making me forget about the interior and engine rattles, engine shudder, and other annoyances that I've been experiencing :facepalm:
SamirD

If you were here in the midwest, I would have recommended Steve at Ray Suzuki (Chevrolet). He knows all about the alignment issue and how to best correct it. But even he said it doesn't stay aligned for long, and rapid tire wear can be an issue.

For me, I just bought some Potenza RE760s for it and plan to corner the heck out of it. :mrgreen: Then I can feel justified in buying tires every 15k. :lol:
smsmart

SamirD wrote:If you were here in the midwest, I would have recommended Steve at Ray Suzuki (Chevrolet). He knows all about the alignment issue and how to best correct it. But even he said it doesn't stay aligned for long, and rapid tire wear can be an issue.:
I wish I had access to an experienced Suzuki mechanic...instead, I have these imbeciles to deal with :facepalm: They just seem so clueless, and I'm frankly hesitant to bring the car to them because I'm afraid it'll come out worse than when I brought it in. :?

Honestly, I wish I had the ability to just measure/do my own alignment, because I don't really feel like I can trust any of these "technicians". You mention the car not staying aligned for long (which others have echoed), yet the guys at the last alignment shop I was at claimed the alignment is fine. Is it really though? I haven't had an alignment done in over a year now, and I've definitely hit some good potholes during that time, so I'm a little surprised that it would have stayed aligned. I can't really confirm though because the numbers they have scratched on my receipt (handwritten) are mostly illegible.