Manual tranny - Gear whine and rubbing noise?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
murcod

I haven't seen this thread before now.

I've got a 6MT and have also discovered issues with 2nd gear. When new, I found it impossible to shift with any speed into 2nd gear - even when the box was warm. A couple of times I'm sure I heard grating. At the 1000km service I mentioned it and they happily said they'd change the oil. It has improved it a lot, but I'm also finding the more distance I clock up the better it is getting. I took it out to over 6000rpm in second one day a couple of weeks back and swear the change seemed to improve after doing so :? doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I'm sure it did.....

On cold mornings I do find it is still very notchy and only do slow shifts for the first couple of kilometres.

I'm going to let it go for a bit longer as sometimes I can't fault it, other times it is still a bit hesitant. I also need to try some fast changes and see how it goes now.

I'd love to put some Redline synthetic in it, but don't want to void my warranty. I'm not sure what the dealer changed it to at the first servicing.
David
murcod

Oh, I've never heard any whining type noises (and do tend to notice that sort of thing.)

I believe the Kizashi is a cable linkage shift, and do find some noise from the gear stick area when changing gears. (Pity they didn't do a proper job and use solid steel linkages.)
David
LeoFromDE

I have the same issue (if you can even call it that) however it doesn't happen if I change gear at higher rpms (like 3500-4000) so I just rev it up before changing into second