TSB on SLS audio system

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
JakeRam

So they are actually using the speaker outs on the head unit then converting back to line-outs rather than just use the line-outs??? That's crazy... So does the non-navi unit use line-outs? Or do they convert too? Why would they use an amp looking for line-out inputs then use speaker outs and convert on the head units? Either I'm confusing myself, or this a serious logic flaw here.
Since that craziness is going on, I wonder what else they might have done. Like... based on previous posts, it sounds like the sub is being run off the rears, but does anybody happen to know if the amp actually has input and output dedicated to the sub?? (and they're just being ignored)
Minority

JakeRam wrote:So they are actually using the speaker outs on the head unit then converting back to line-outs rather than just use the line-outs??? That's crazy... So does the non-navi unit use line-outs? Or do they convert too? Why would they use an amp looking for line-out inputs then use speaker outs and convert on the head units? Either I'm confusing myself, or this a serious logic flaw here.
Since that craziness is going on, I wonder what else they might have done. Like... based on previous posts, it sounds like the sub is being run off the rears, but does anybody happen to know if the amp actually has input and output dedicated to the sub?? (and they're just being ignored)

Looks like that's exactly what they are doing with the nav units! There is nothing in the circuit diagrams to suggest that they are using a LOC for the standard Panasonic HU with the Rockford Fosgate amp system, so I'm guessing that the "Rockford Fosgate" Panasonic HU is outputing low level signals to the amp with no high level speaker outputs. The situation with the "port installed" nav units smacks of a real afterthought with botched application! Not one of Suzukis' finer moments!

As far as the sub goes, there is no seperate sub channel from the HU to the amp, but the amp does drive the sub seperately to the other speakers. The amp must have its own built in sytem to seperate out the low frequency signal to drive the sub.
Bobolini

Well, I have a 2011 GTS and have roughly 7000 miles and I have not suffered any of these issues. I don't use the AVC and I have maxed out my system quite often as it doesn't seem to have that much wattage.. anyways, I like my music loud.. usually around 24-28 on the interstate. Punch set roughly at +2, Mid -1, treble +3. (I'm old and Mids are the last part of hearing to go).

So, I'm wondering if thay fixed this issue or am I just lucky..so far? Most of the complaints are coming from 2010 owners.
JakeRam

My comments aren't really a complaint, just a "why?", curiosity kind of thing. On the Kenwood, the settings seem to make little difference, for sure the sub setting, so it's clearly not installed "optimally", thus the questions. Basically, I think it's a great sounding system, but could it be better??
Bobolini

So where is the TSB posted? Is there a number for this TSB? I have heard from a few mentioning a TSB but I have yet to see a reference to one. Thanks