TSB on SLS audio system

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
sloopercat

DaReaper wrote:Contacted dealer - they need to diagnose problem - wittness fluctuations themselves before they warannty any parts. This sucks. Anybody got any tips how to make flucuations happen/get them to fix this?
I got the same crap, treated me like I was an idiot and tried to explain to me what a TSB was. The Mazda guys would just order the parts and call me when they were in.
Shaneous

Hi All

This issue is also evident in XLS models down here in Australia. I love this car in general so it certainly isn't a major gripe or, but would be great to get it resolved. Like one of the other posters earlier, I have had the amp replaced already but the issue still exists. Most noticable in Volumes of 14 or above and usually (but not always) with Rock style music. Sometimes, (again but not always), an associated 'click' occurs in the punch speaker when it kicks back in after a volume loss episode.

Maybe there is a revision of amp around that has a manufacturing fault? I take it there are many drivers out there who have the RF audio system who DON'T get any problems like this? (it is however comforting to know It's not just me who has the problem. It means hopefully Suzuki will be committed to fixing it).

This is my first Suzuki, and other than this audio glitch, I am extremely impressed.
DaReaper

So dealer was cool. They ordered me a new amp. I will report back as to it helping/not helping volume fluctuations.
Shaneous

Hi
Just bumping this in the hope we may be able to get some definitive answer on a guaranteed fix for this issue? Does anyone yet know if its defintiely the amp, the sub, the head unit or combination of some / all?'

I have my Amp replaced ocne alreayd but still have the volume fluctuation issue.

Any further shared knowlege is appreciated!

Shaneous
TheHolyGhost

It seems like they may just be replacing the amps with the same, faulty, amp. This obviously is not a solution, so hopefully rockford or suzuki comes up with a better fix.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

what about the settings there is a seting for the volume to go up according to speed i believe
Shaneous

^ This is the AVC feature of the head unit and unrelated to the intermittent volume fluctuation issue with the amps (that occurs even if AVC is off).

It may be possible that the fault may be to do with the AVC feature of the headunit (even if it's off) I guess.. (i.e. is the avc trying to work even when off / is the function faulty in the head unit and it randomly turns itself on and off?.. a poor physical issue or maybe even software / firmware issue...).

At this point it's not entirely clear to me but HolyGhost's suggestion seems the most likely at this stage - A whole bunch of bad amps.

The answer may lie in finding out how many people who had the issue have had their amp's replaced and had the issue 100% resolved.
autopiolet

For whatever it is worth for this discussion my Kizashi was made in December 2009. I don't have the AVC turned on because the volume would go too high. I turned it off and have absolutely no issues with my system. I have not had bad or loose sounding connections, just solid great stereo.
Shaneous

Thanks - this is actually important info. Assuming you have the RockfordFosgate system, it proves that the issue is not inherent to all (regardless of cause) and gives credence to the notion of it being able to be fixed for those like me who suffer from the problem.
dlangdaman

wow..i have a loaded GTS, RED AWD..my speakers are blown..flap and crackle..no miles on it fresh off the truck! find out every car on the lot did it! so now they are backordered ...so i have a rockford fosgate system in a NEW car i cant use...woooohooo..otherwise, LOVE the car!