TSB on SLS audio system

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
babacu

dlangdaman wrote:wow..i have a loaded GTS, RED AWD..my speakers are blown..flap and crackle..no miles on it fresh off the truck! find out every car on the lot did it! so now they are backordered ...so i have a rockford fosgate system in a NEW car i cant use...woooohooo..otherwise, LOVE the car!
I had my subwoofer and my rear left speaker replaced already (buzzing noises for both of them). It must have been a crappy glue month at RF when they put these speakers together (the coil cover comes off, apparently), I'm kind of expecting my saga to not end here...
DaReaper

Hey everybody, just wanted to chime back in. I got the amp replaced and am happy to report the problem is fixed! Woo hoo! Toataly stoked. Bummed out this did not fix it for everyone. Probably a second bad amp?.

Otherwise, noticed small rattles in door pannels with banging bass tones. Pressed on panel but that does not help. Gonna take to car stereo shop and see if they can fix. Probably get dynamat installed while they have door panels off to make doors that much more accousticaly dead. Gonna search out all other rattles too. But in all actuality, looking beyond rattles, the system sounds great! I had high end kenwood and MB Quart system in last car (BMW 325i '94) but this system sounds much better. Probably mostly because of better speaker positions, bigger mid range woofers, and more speakers resulting in much flatter freqencey response. Lovin' this car. :D
Shaneous

Thats good news!

They didn't happen to let you know if they ordered a specifictype of replacement amp did they or let you know anything further about the problem from Susuki? be great to pinpoint any specific revision of amp as beign the cause or if its just plain pot-luck as to getting a good one...?
DaReaper

No info on specific type of replacement amp. It's been rock solid stable since replacement. About to upgrade stereo, keeping head unit and amp (unless I find RCA's from head unit) with aftermarket parts otherwise. Was gonna just add a sub for better sub bass performance, but have gone ape s#!t with crazy upgrade plan! Keeping head unit so it still looks stock (theft deterent). It's gonna be sick! It already sounded good so I want to make sure it is gonna be significantly better. :mrgreen:
mme6342

My wife's car (2010 Kizashi GTS AWD) has had two subwoofers blown out, and Now a third (3)! The first one was already blown on the test drive and replaced before delivery, the second was blown within 48 hours [on Punch Bass +5] of delivery and replaced within 48 hours from that with a new 'cover' as well, and now (two weeks later) blown at volume level 20 [Punch Bass +4]?????!! Something is obviously up. I also noticed we have the volume fluctuation thing going on [and yes our AVC is on at 3]. All in all a stereo system should be designed to be able to handle itself through all user input-able ranges. Meeting with Suzuki Marketplace in NY at 3PM........ More to follow. Lemon Law?
TheHolyGhost

My subwoofer blew last night, rather unfortunate, I need to go in for the recall, so I guess I'll have them fix that too.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Shaneous

Wow!
No probs with the sub yet. but still waiting word on a second replacement amp via the dealer to try and resovle my volume / amplification fluctuation issue. Hopefully Suzuki come to the party.
Shaneous

Amplifier has now been replaced again, this time with one from a newer release model. So far so good! but I am goignt o give it a solid week before makign the final call. I'll keep everyone posted. To me however, it really does seem like there was a batch from RF that had a common fault. Given it can be quite intermtitent and only evident at high(ish) volumes it may very well have got through any QA checks on the sound system at Suzuki.
TheHolyGhost

I'm inclined to agree on that. It's a shame because it leaves a bad taste in people's mouths, but this kind of stuff happens sometimes. Hopefully this solves your problem for good!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Shaneous

Pretty sure I can safely say the new amp from a newer batch has fixed the issue. Gave it a good work out over the weekend with all different types of music. The amp hasn't cut out once.

*Happy* ;-)

now for a Sports Bumper and Lowering heh.