TSB on SLS audio system

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
TheHolyGhost

Glad you got it straightened out. On to the mods!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Jezza

I have had the volume jump issue for some time now and detailed what I'd learned here to my Suzuki Dealership. They claimed not to have heard of the issue in Australia. Apparently the service manager sent a report to Suzuki Waranties and they replied back to him stating that its a controlled component from an external supplier and it wont be faulty or cant be tested by them, so they will not be replacing it under waranty. I was then recommended to contact Suzuki Warranty myself to proceed with the matter further. To say I was unhappy is an understatement.

I can't believe that they're going to make me jump through hoops, especially considering they havent even had a chanced to listen to the fault. Even more frustrating considering they replaced the sub woofer prior to me purchasing the vehicle (ex-demo) because it was faulty. It's made and supplied by the same manufacturer for gods sake!!!!

I alerted them to the TSB issued in the US and that Shaneous (Aus) had his replaced by his dealer when his was found to be faulty, but that didn't seem to matter.

Does anyone here have a copy of the TSB issued in the states? I'd like the extra ammo to take to Suzuki to get my amp replaced.

Listening to the volume jump around EVERY day is really starting to affect my enjoyment of this vehicle, everything else about which I absolutely love.

Jezza
Ronzuki

This is the kind of stuff that burns me up with dealers. I called mine 2 days ago about this and asked them to get an amp in stock so that when I waste my time coming in for this repair they could hear it and then replace the thing. Done. But noooooo they won't do anything until they fiddle around to decide on their own what they want to do. They also claim they never heard about the volume jump issue either. I asked them to call Suzuki and get the TSB and have the part sent so I'm not wasting anymore time than I have to. No can do.

So after hanging up w/ dealer I called Suzuki corporate to explain to them the run around I just recieved about a known problem. The person gave me the same story as the dealer.... gotta hear it before they'll 'do' anything about it blah, blah, blah. I explained that was all fine and dandy, but if I get any more run-around wasting any more of my time I'm calling you, Suzuki, the manufacturer of the car to get satisfaction. Only then did she proceed to started documenting the call and give me a case/referrence number.

It just infuriates me that something that could be resolved in one trip has to take two because dealers never have anything parts-wise in stock to solve a problem. And I understand the economic deterrent there, but when I call with a known problem that you might not have heard about, don't give me the standard company line and act like I've got nothing better to do than be running do the dealer all the time. It's disrecpectful period. This is not soley a rant against Suzuki either, the Jeep I traded was plagued by this scenario time and again only it would usually take 3 or 4 trips to fix the same thing over and over again.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
SaleenS7

Brought my SLS in tuesday for engine whine in stereo. Amp on order .....I figured what the heck I sent Rockford tech question since there name is on my dash 8-) . Reply was check and confirm ground, Start at amp and start trouble shooting from there. I don't know the numbers of vehicles it takes before a TSB is produced but it looks like one is being born.
xwiredtva

Wow, I'm surprised you guys are having such issues.

I hope those with the CVT got the upgraded software when you got your new amp.

I bought mine from Sutliff Suzuki (They gave me one heck of a deal too). When I called about the TSB the service dept knew exactly what I was talking about. He asked for my VIN to verify it. Then he said he would order the Amp and call when it was in. Two days later it's in, scheduled, showed up, had lunch on their dime in house, test drove an SLS 6spd with no salesman, 2 hours later I'm out the door with a wash, waxed and stereo with no audio bounce.

Mitsu Lancers with the RF system had the same issue.
SaleenS7

Just got off the phone with service department, Amp is still not in. Its been 4 days and with all the amp orders I smell back order coming on. Also I asked the service manager for the TSB on the amp replacement. I was told 01/07/10 09:00 there wasn't a TSB for the AMP replacement just the common troubleshooting the dealer goes through. Also software upgrade for CVT on a 2011 ? Something I should ask about eh ?

I think I got a good deal as well, I payed 27,300 for a 2011 SLS . Silver Platinum/Black leather interior all the bells and whistles. I was a return customer so I'm sure that helped a bit.
SaleenS7

Update: Well I guess my return trip nightmare is commencing. 1st trip to dealer over the static resulted in a mechanic taking a 5 minute test drive, 5 minutes behind closed doors troubleshooting. End result was Amp needed replaced not sure how that was determined :?:

2nd trip) At the time of my scheduled amp replacement the mechanic determined that the static noise wasn't the amp but just a loose connection behind the head unit. Ok this could of been diagnosed and possibly fixed on my first visit. Car was at dealer maybe 3 hrs max.

Next day went out started car turned on stereo and pop, pop, static, pop..... Seriously !! If your chosen profession is being a mechanic please don't skip the troubleshooting part. I have a 2011 SLS with 340 miles on the Odometer. What happened to dealers inspecting cars off the truck ?
xwiredtva

Dealer prep is removing the stickers that keep the paint nice, keep the interior from damage.

I think you need to call the dealer, speak to the service manager, be nice and smile the entire time on the phone (you can tell). Let him know that your having this problem. You have spoken to several other Kizashi owners on the web at a Kizashi specific website. You'd like the stereo replaced along with the Amp if it has NOT been done so or you will call Suzuki USA and file a complaint.

Ok use the complaint if they start beating around the bush.

Where in the world are you? Maybe we can suggest another dealer. I know the dealer I use would have NEVER let this happen. Also they would/should have offered a Suzuki loaner to you if the work would take over 2hrs.
SaleenS7

I worked for dealers pretty much 15yrs+ back like 6 yrs ago I changed careers. Dealers used to remove shrink wrap, plastic from interior, Acid wash for Fall out dust( Brake dust from train/trucks ) clay bar body after to remove anything the acid didn't remove. After the car was detailed a mechanic or service guy would do a check list of working components and anything inside loose like floor mats etc.. None of this was done.

Basic removal of shrink wrap, screwed up the machined plate holes for the front plate.Yeah they ran a self tapper through the front bumper on ever vehicle there. Idiots these days I guess. There are machined anchors behind those little divets in the bumper cover how many here knew that ? Be honest :mrgreen:

Service called to say plates are in and the head unit is the next component to be replaced. Loaner wasn't offered .... They want my car for two days now. One for the stereo and one to detail the car as it has obvious fall out lines all over it.
xwiredtva

By definition that's more than 12hrs, that covers under the warranty for an enterprise rental. Call the roadside and they will set it up for you (I did this once back in 2006 - it was nice).