TSB on SLS audio system

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Gucio84pl

Called suzuki in caliornia and spoke with guy name orlando. He say they don't have nothing about problem with volume going up and down. He say he can open a case for me and let him know when and what time I will be at dealer so he can call them and talk to dealer so maybe they will find problem. What make me mad is that when dealer test drive car that thing didn't happend and on my way home it hapens 3 times. Guy also told me that there is another reacoll for kizashi and will receive leter soon it is something with trntioners on belt or something likr that.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS
Azur Gray
CVT AWD
Ronzuki

Update on the fluctuating volume:

While I was at the dealer getting the belt tensioner replaced I also mentioned about the volume and possible amp replacement. I gave the advisor my case number from ASMC and he ordered the amp w/o even listening to the stereo didn't even want to go for a ride. I thought to myself, interesting since it's the same dealer, and advisor, referrenced in my earlier post here. Well, after some more conversation w/ him, it turns out since then, he had a friend of his by a Kizashi and right off the bat the volume was jumping all around and his buddy chewed him a new one! So, he has now been made aware of the problem!
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Northernstar

had my car for around six weeks and haven't had this problem. Am I just lucky or it just hasn't happend to my car YET?? lol
Ronzuki

I only get this problem when it is a) above 40-45 degrees F ambient, and b) I have the volume cranked (around 19-21 or so) w/ some good old fashioned Rock-n-Roll on tap. AVC is OFF, Punch Bass is -3, treble is +2 and mid-range is 0. Very repeatable, takes about 20 minutes of drive time before it starts to get really annoying.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
SaleenS7

:twisted: Update: Since my last post I had brought my 2011 SLS Nav in for the amp fix and they said they tested it and its fine they think a inline filter would be the cure so I elected to have that done before R&R the amp. I picked up the car and the noise was gone !! Well about a week ago my wife put in a DVD and she noticed the sound was off from what we usually hear inside our house on the DVD. I went out to check her car out yep no sound in the rear. Hmm I went into the settings can you believe they turned the fader all the way forward. This made me wanna go postal so I declined to go back to the dealer until I found out for myself wtf is going on with these stereo's

I called Rockford and asked them if a approved Rockford sound installer was allowed to look at my car without worry of dealer bullshit over warranty and who works on it. Well turns out they are allowed to work on my car. They spent probably 1hr 45 minutes combing Kizashi websites and forums over my issue. They couldn't believe all the things dealers are doing to solve this issue. After close examination they found Suzuki used several types of head units and thus they ended up putting another inline crossover in the wiring harness. This is not a good thing as they explained it will cause every issue posted here to date. With my approval they pulled the Suzuki wiring harness out (section) and removed the crossover as the stereo has a better built in one as explained by the stereo guru. So I spent $107.00 in labor and can't believe how this stereo woke up. Everything is clearer and punchy we cant listen to a DVD over volume 10 its just too loud.

So if your the proud owner of a Kizashi take note if you dont have this problem its just a matter of time before you do. This is a engineering issue that needs to be adressed by suzuki. Rockford said they made those changes after they designed the system without consulting us. So there ya go the fix is posted now go beat up your dealer/warranty company to pay you back for out of dealer work is almost never payed for if there is a dealer close by.
~tc~

So, exactly which issue did it solve - the random volume fluctuation?

You say you have the NAV, which I am pretty sure contains the crossovers in the head unit, so with inline units, I can see how all the nav vehicles will have problems with potential signal loss.

Where exactly were the crossovers located (so we don't have to pull the entire wiring harness out of the vehicle looking for them?)
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
SaleenS7

Kizashi 002.JPG
Kizashi 001.JPG
I believe it was behind the head unit.Small black box 2"x1"
SaleenS7

I had the engine whine noise with popping when you activated a window or anything really you would hear it through the speakers. Its a very high pitch noise so its really annoying. I don't drive the car enough to notice the volume jump. Back speakers would work then stop from time to time.

Suzuki hears a hint: I would think double wiring is good for airplanes and maybe submarines cars are better off having one electrical system running one thing at a time. Two crossovers working against one another is the fail.

TSB wont come out for 6 months because there gonna deny its a wiring issue pics are a lie there gonna say!! Wake up Suzuki your service sucks and your sales reflect it big time.
JakeRam

Has anybody else tried removing the crossover? Confirm where it is? How hard to do??
Minority

JakeRam wrote:Has anybody else tried removing the crossover? Confirm where it is? How hard to do??
I just got my Scoshe 106b wiring adapter (I am about to fit a double din "all in one" unit to my Rockford Fosgate equiped Kizashi) and that looks exactly like the above pictures. As far as I can see it isn't a crossover but a "line out converter" that converts the (high level) speaker output of a standard stereo, to the (low level) rca inputs normally found on amps.
As this is the only adapter cable I have been able to source I would bet that this is what the aftermarket installers have been using, even if the head unit has a suitable pre-amp out for the amplifier. While it works, if you have a preamp outputs from your new stereo, you will get better quality by using these and bypassing the LOC (line out converter).