2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE radio antenna/Satelite Radio

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
merkeke

Im looking to purchase this for my 2010 suzuki kizashi and my Sirius/XM radio I just purchased. In the link it states to make sure the factory antenna is compatable with this accessory. The suzuki is XM ready, so does that mean the stock antenna does support Satellite radio? Please help. Will this work??

http://shop.siriusxm.com/xm/ctl10600/cp ... hicle_kits
nytq

After much investigation on my part I did not find an adapter other than the Suzuki satellite adapter . And that one goes for $500+. That one is is specifically designed to communicate with the head unit so you can program and read stations on the display.

The link for the Power Connect adapter you indicated is for use with the car kit that allows a Sirius/xm radio to transmit music by FM signal thru your Head unit. The other problem with that adapter is that the head unit doesn't use the typical antenna wire you see on the adapter.

I opted for the XM3pi model with car kit adapter. It is portable so you can use it outside the car. It also transmits over FM signals so you can just tune in a station that is available on the head unit and listen to the xm radio. The car kit has this special dc adapter that will plug into the power port next to the usb port. This is also how it transmits the FM signal. It works pretty good, but the signal is a bit weak so you will find that your volume will be much higher than normal. On another note. I don't know if this is typical to just this model of xm radio, but I find that when I first turn on the car and it powers up, I hear loud static until the unit boots and then you can hear the broadcast. Its a bit annoying because as I said earlier your volume is now left higher then usual, so when that static starts, it's loud.

Just my 2 cents. I decided to get the xm radio with the Mostly Music Package. Even though the signal is cut off from the mountainous area I live in from time to time thru out my commute, it is a hell of a lot better then any radio stations I can get. On the flip side this is my first experience with satellite radio, and I have to say I expected more variety. Just like cable LOL. There are only a handful of channels I listen too, and they all seem to repeat the same songs way more then I would have ever thought for a pay radio.

Hope this info helps.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
merkeke

Thanks. I had a chrysler 300 for the last few years and I had the navi built in with sirius. So after i bought this car and learned it was on XM ready made me upset and the price that suzuki charges is crazy. You could get a whole new navi/bluetooth/sirius double din from crutchfield for cheaper. I just order the XM Onyx that I could put through the FM channel but I want to make it a permanate addition to the car. I just playing my sirius app through the USB on my iphone but I guess you can only play music that is on your iPhone.

So I think I will be fine with the Onyx for a while until I shell out the money to get a double din.
eatrocks

or u could just get bluetooth phone/audio on ur kiz, sound is cd quality, play whatever is on ur phone, no wires
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
Northernstar

bluetooth audio can never be CD quality, aux in or USB is still the way to go if you care about sound quality
eatrocks

Northernstar wrote:bluetooth audio can never be CD quality, aux in or USB is still the way to go if you care about sound quality
I really can't tell a difference, I'm a musician with a trained ear and can't tell. And when u shut the car off and get back in it knows where the song left off. I've compaired USB and Bluetooth, if there is a diff it's minimal
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
NiteRider

I use blue tooth all the time and it sounds great. HOWEVER, for some reason I get a clipping sound every couple of minutes from the right speaker. I can't replicate with any other source. I'm thinking it's pandora but I'm not sure how to diagnose this before I complain to the dealer. Any ideas?
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty